Sign in to follow this  

Women at Washougal

Heya!

I know some of you race frequently at Washougal so I thought this would be a good place to ask this question. My husband and I are heading out for practice day tomorrow and I was wondering was class to enter. I have a 250F, which I've heard disqualifies me from riding with most of my friends that will be out there (a lot of TTR 125s)... but I'm much more comfortable in the woods than on a track and I've heard the men's beginning class is pretty chaotic.

What do you guys think? Do they ever do a women's 250 class if there are enough of us there?

Many thanks!!

Most of the time at Washougal they'll let "all" the women with any CC and ability ride together. If they split you up from your friends (highly unlikely) just ask them you want to ride together and they'll probably make it happen.

Have Fun! :banghead:

The women's class is 105cc and above, 12 yrs and over. The women run all together, there is NO skill level seperation.

When I ride the women's class I am on a YZ250F. But, I could legally run a 450 or 250 2 stroke. Some women do!

On practice, they usually group the women with one of the smaller groups. With the weekend and the race on Sunday. They might run a womens only practice. Sometimes they group with women with the super mini's

But, I could legally run a 450 or 250 2 stroke. Some women do!

Hey, NTG you could run a CR500 too! :banghead:

Hey, NTG you could run a CR500 too! :banghead:

Ya, I sure could! I've ridden a CR500 a couple of times.. Is your bike stock or have you done anything to tame it at all?

He's totally tame! Flywheel weight, reeds, pipe and geared LLLLLooooowwww.

I may gear it up a bit for the harescramble at the end of October but I didn't mess with changing it for the couple MX races I did here.

My son wanted to swap the desert tank for the stock one back in the first race, told him no, wasn't worth the effort. I do take the kickstand off for the MX races though, they require that.

I had a couple people comment about the woods setup at the track - skidplate, disc guards, bark busters, tank, etc. Works for me but I'm sure I'd find more speed on the track with a more track suitable bike. My son is going to a fullsize bike so I'll get to try whatever he ends up with out next season.

Your CR500 sounds like a fun bike to ride bbbom! I can see where your son would want a smaller tank for on the track.

The rumor mill is running rampant on when the 2006 YZ250F will be out. Since I have been racing against the guys my last two races I am tempted to buy an 2006 CRF450R. Just going to have to see how things shape by the time the house refinances.

I may have to take you up on that one! Of course I may end up BACK in the PNW someday down the road. Or you could roadtrip down here ...

Hey all -

Thanks so much for the input!

We drove out to Washougal on Saturday only to find out that they had cancelled practice that morning. It had rained enough that they wanted to save the track for race day. It was a bummer, but it was fun to walk the track with no one around and we saved the day with a great ride on Service Trail 35!

Hope you all had a great weekend riding!