Sign in to follow this  

250SXF aftermarket pipe

I'm a firm believer that little 250Fs benefit more than most bikes from aftermarket pipes. Would like to hear from 250SXF owner who plunked down 8 bones for a FMF/Pro Circuit pipe and did it make a big difference...especially in the top end, before I do the same. I was wondering if this one time the stocker was equal. Shoot, the darn bike is expensive enough. Thanks for feedback...

Victor,

Go over to KTM Talk and ask that same question. From what I've read, the 250SXF gains quite a bit of power, up to 4 hp, with aftermarket exhaust. I have seen good write ups on the DR. D system.

i have the pro circuit pipe and it does make a difference. doesnt rev as quik as stock but more torquey feeling, almost like a 450 and feels like a lot more engine braking than stock. but it definitely has more.

Ive heard great things from the HT racing header with the stock muffler. www.ht-racing.com

For $200 it seems like a good deal, instead of making peak power they make a wide range powerband. Perfect for MX.

Im thinking about going with that, im also considering the akrapovic and fmf.

The FMF pipe is allready out, and I got one for sale. Nothing wrong with the pipe the power delivery just does not suite the type of riding that I do. I also have the pro circut pipe and can't use all of the top end power that this pipe puts out.

Actually, the mx team uses FMF

Sorry, when I said factory, I meant Austria. FYI, Akra is available thru KTM dealers. Any test / shootout I have seen, Akra is the best.

Moto713.

Which FMF pipe do you have for sale. I couldn't find it in the 4 sale section. I'm interested, shoot me a PM or post here.

Sorry to post this, but I can vouch for an exhaust system when the bike is not jetted properly.

Changed elevation and the bike ran like crap with an after market pipe. FMF.

Put the stock on and the bike was perfect off bottom and reved to the moon.

Went back and jetting properly and the after market pipe seemed to improve the performance over the stock.

IMO Jetting has a lot more to do with performance than a pipe.

Put an o ring on the accelerator pump and was blown away with the low cost power increase off bottom.

If the bike bogs on any given day, I can turn the fuel mix screw a 1/4 turn and change the characteristics of the entire bike.

Cant wait to start to mess with the CDI boxes and computers when they go EFI becuase I am startign to feel that air flow is air flow.

Dude that owns a dyno can improve HP curves with any pipe that provides flow. He can also gain as much with fuel and CDI box with stock system. Go figure????

my bike produces good power as is. But I would rather plunk my money into a big bore kit when I am ready for more power. I might would spend the dough on a powerbomb, though. I am too much of a tight🤣 to spend $800 on an exhaust. that's just me, not knockin anyone that does.:confused: