Sign in to follow this  

Doh!

So I installed some stainless lines on my bike, and just couldn't get a good feel with the front master cylinder. Bled it over and over, tapped the lines, zip tied the lever over night, etc. Lever was firm, but not solid. So the next day I look down and remember that I had my spare wheel with stock rotor mounted on my over sized rotor bracket on my forks. So in effect, only half the pad was squeezing! Put back on my over sized rotor, and voila, that's the best bled front brake I've ever felt! :banghead::banghead:

Simuliar experience. Changing tires all the way around, rejetting bike, etc. First bike "tune up" since buying the bike. Was freaking out making sure all the frame fasteners were tight (there's all this stuff about CRFXs being loose during break in - all of mine were SUPER tight.) Get everything buttoned up, got my new sneakers on take it for a ride down the road to "test the jetting".🤣 I'm dressed in Pennyloafers and shorts.

The bike gets this weird wobble in the front wheel. :banghead: I believe I forgot to tighten the front axle - D'OH! 🤣:banghead:

No crashy, but I rode the 1/2 mile bike at about 2 mph