Sign in to follow this  

Unabiker radiator guards don't fit

My Unabiker radiator guards don't fit. They are bent in at the top and bottom so much they hit the radiator body and I can't get the bolt thru them and the radiator mount flange. And they stand off so much at the bottom that the shroud isn't going to fit back on. I have an E, did I get shipped the S model? I really don't like that you can't contact Unabiker to ask questions, they won't give a phone number and haven't responded to my e-mail.

His bends are not always presise and often require a bit on your part to get them in place. I had to tweak mine quite a bit on those bends as i had the same problem. I also had to ream one of the holes a bit plus grind on it as well. I did not mind though. I got it on and they work awesome. I'm a fabricator so i guess i have a little bit of compassion in this field and don't mind tweaking stuff. With all I had to do they were still worth every penny plus a couple nickels too. I don't understand why Brian has no PH# either :banghead: Thats kinda cheesy, he really needs to step up in that department :banghead:

I have an S and mine were a very snug fit and I actually had to redrill the lower-left shroud bolt access hole. I also had to use longer shroud bolts to reach the tabs. In the end they went on. Make sure you are putting them between the frame and radiator.

Thanks guys, I finally got them to fit. They are really tight! I had to do some custom bending and find new shroud screws. It got a whole lot easier when I pulled the front fender. I did get a very helpful response from Unabiker, but it seems like his installation instructions could be better written.

I fit Flatland Racing guards to my Honda a while ago, they sure were easier to mount.

FWIW I just got mine today for my SM and at the top of the directions it said for S or SM...

I had them on in about 20 minutes and did not have one issue at all. No grinding or bending required. I also re-used all the stock bolts too. The hardest part was getting the radiator support bolts through the hole without dropping them. I used some tape to hold them onto the T-handle and no worries. I used a skinny dowel to get all the holes lined up before tightening everything down...

I hope I never have to test them out... :banghead:

Well there was one thing missing from the directions. I did not say you have to remove the seat before removing the tank...LOL

una2.jpg

una5.jpg

una4.jpg

No clearance problems with the Clarke tank either. I was a little worried based on some threads I have read...

I'm a happy customer. Now I'm wondering how they would look in blue... :banghead:

FWIW I just got mine today for my SM and at the top of the directions it said for S or SM...

I had them on in about 20 minutes and did not have one issue at all. No grinding or bending required. I also re-used all the stock bolts too. The hardest part was getting the radiator support bolts through the hole without dropping them. I used some tape to hold them onto the T-handle and no worries. I used a skinny dowel to get all the holes lined up before tightening everything down...

I hope I never have to test them out...🤣

Well there was one thing missing from the directions. I did not say you have to remove the seat before removing the tank...LOL

una2.jpg

una5.jpg

I never read the directions, what are those? :banghead: On mine the left side went on with out a hitch, it was the right side that was out of whack. The bottom mounting hole on the frame was almost 3/4 of the hole off so i had to oblong the hole. It still hit engine in that same area so i had to grind it.. If it werent for that it would have been a fairly simple install. I reused all my stock bolts though :banghead:

I just installed the Unabiker guards with no problems, except that I had two screws left over. The package included 8 short screws with 8 washers and two more screws which were longer. I hope those were in case the shorter ones didn't reach. No problems with the install.

Mine went on okay. I did have to re-drill the lower left hole on the left side as well to clear my Full Yosh. My bike had about 300 miles on it when I put them on. The ease of install is also directly proportional to how many times you dropped it before the install. :banghead::banghead: