Sign in to follow this  

Who does NOT like riding single track? Why?

I'm not a huge fan. I grew up riding in more wide open areas, hillclimbing on coal piles, cruising on logging roads, stuff like that. Single track just feels too confined for me. I don't hate it, but I prefer a little more open terrain so I can get up out of 1st and 2nd gear!

I have to agree with the last post. I like more of a quad type trail that gives me room to avoid oncoming objects like trees and rocks.

It rocks! The tighter & snottier the better. A few logs are OK, too. I enjoy making my macho MX friends want their mommys after they roost the crap out of me on the track. :banghead:

Single track is awesome. Its just hard to find, too many stupid quads tearing up good trails.

Single track is awesome. Its just hard to find, too many stupid quads tearing up good trails.

We havew the same problem out here. In the last few years some of the best local singletrack has been turned into F :banghead: ing freeways by Bozos on quads. :banghead:

I live for fast single track but most my weekends are with the family riding, so wider trail are needed for the kids and my stubborn wife who rides a quad.

We ride on private land so running into anybody has yet to pose a problem.

About once a month my wife has something to do and I get to ride with guys at work.

You cannot belive how much skills you lose in one month by putting around.

I have to agree with those guys about quads. A lot of the fun single track have been screwed up by these quads. Get some balls and ride on 2. See how fun that is. I hate going back to a cool spot and finding out that i can drive my truck down that path now. I like the single track best. its fun to go in small areas and find cool stuff to try. Don't need the 5 gear pinned all the time. Anyone can go fast, but can you make it up that?

I live for fast single track...........

What is fast single track? Most single track I've ever ridden is all 1st and 2nd gear. Do you mean trails that are on flat ground that wind thru the woods where you rip thru it like a slalom course?

I like tight nasty single track on occasions but I have more actual fun on dare I say...something made with a quad. A little more room for error and easier to pass your buddies on, plus, you can go a little faster and it turns into more of a roller coaster ride for yourself. A couple of times a year I like it to be the worst conditions ever on a single track, just rocks, snot, fallen trees, roots, creek crossings, and especially a total down pour, oh yeah, nothing like that to make you feel like a man...lol. Then it makes that beer with your buddies back at the truck taste that much better.

I don't like single track. The riding around here is mostly open desert. Lots of hillclimbing and natural terrain jumps. Single track just seems dull after that. Rocky trails aren't much fun, either. I'd rather ride my mountain bike on slow trails. It's just more fun.

I am not a huge fan i prefer long fast sections single track normally sees me coming of in to the scrub :banghead:

I like it, as long as it's not on the side of a wicked steep hill! Makes falling down all the worse!

i think itis boring to only have one line. that's why i love the desert. you can have 3 or 4 bikes wide on a wash or just abuot everywhere. it's a blast to ride next to your friends, instead of eating dust the entire time.

What is fast single track? Most single track I've ever ridden is all 1st and 2nd gear. Do you mean trails that are on flat ground that wind thru the woods where you rip thru it like a slalom course?

Around here fast single track is when you get into the open, sometimes along a ridgeline, or at least into more open woods, and you can get into 3rd or 4th gear (at least the fast guys do). Not necessarily flat, but more rolling terrain. It's a blast to hit a fast section like that, then dive back into the heavier timber for more 2nd gear stuff. :banghead:

single track rocks. as long as it is way too narrow for stupid quads to get through, then you know you are safe.