Sign in to follow this  

what happend to pit bike bashing

man what happend to the pit bike bashing forum that seemed to be calming every body down from tearing eachother up but what ever i guess every body else doesnt think so

Wait, are you looking for more bashing?

If so, like I said in the other thread, my dad can beat up your dad! : )

The owner of trapani racing had posted a real nice thing to say about every one bashing other pit bikes. That if every one rode one brand a lot of companies would be out of business ect.... I like what he wrote, just don't know what happened to that thread.

I was looking for that just before. Thought maybe it was late and I missed it.

He got booted off do to the fact he is not a sponsor on the board and they say he was advertising his shop for free.. :banghead:

So if you own a shop you can't post unless you pay???? I don't get it. I didn't see any advertising. I did see a post trying to defuse some guys trash talking but, no advertising.

Does that mean we have to be careful posting links to shops or web sites. Wouldn't that be considered advertising?

um well if u havent noticed everyone posts (advertises) websites, parts, brands, shops etc on TT..i dunno what he did wrong maybe he didnt even get kicked off..how do u know he got kicked for that?

That's what I'm sayin', everyone does it. I don't know if he got kicked off. I just know the thread was gone.

:banghead: He did get his posts removed, I go in his shop and he said he is trying to be a sponsor but they say he has to be a manufacturer to use his logo.

So if you own a shop you can't post unless you pay???? I don't get it. I didn't see any advertising. I did see a post trying to defuse some guys trash talking but, no advertising.

Does that mean we have to be careful posting links to shops or web sites. Wouldn't that be considered advertising?

Good questions...

Business owners can't promote their products on TT outside of being a sponsor. Why? We're sponsor funded so no sponsors, no TT. If we allow for free what our sponsors have to pay for, why should they sponsor us?

Very few things in life are free fellas and while TT is free for you, trust me, it's far from free to run.

Can a consumer recommend a good dealer or parts place? Sure, as long as they are not affiliate with that company. If we allowed that, you' get nothing but biased advice from anyone and everyone looking to make a buck. The forums would fill up with sale sharks and good information would become wattered down...

We've been enforcing this policy for almost 5 years and our success shows that it favored by most of our 72k+ members...

I completely understand TT's position and policy. I understand the need for site sponsors and how it funds the site. My feelings are more of where is the line drawn. Because there was really no advertising going on aside from an avitar. The only thing done was an attempt at mediating a situation and offering help and advise.

IMO: One payed TT sponsor felt threatened by the presence and brought it to the attention of the management. Because that is how fast it was removed.

Being a consumer I feel it equally annoying for a TT sponsor to continually offer bias opinions, advise and constantly throw out a sales plug when ever the compitition is mentioned.

I just felt it to be a bit extreme to do without a warning or explaination.

I

Being a consumer I feel it equally annoying for a TT sponsor to continually offer bias opinions, advise and constantly throw out a sales plug when ever the compitition is mentioned.

Yes, but you're forgetting one very important thing... You get FREE access to this site BECAUSE of the sponsors. So, you have to expect to put up with a few sales pitches and promotional posts. What do you want for free?

If you really want to complain, call your cable TV company. Commericials AND you have to write a check each month. Now that's worth complaining about.

Nothing in life if free fellas...