Sign in to follow this  

Graphics Removal

Anyone have a method of removing swing arm graphics, and/or frame graphics between the radiator shrouds? Thanks in advance.

Heat them up with a heat gun or hair dryer, pull them off and then clean up any residue with WD-40 and a Scotchbrite pad.

A scotchbrite pad? Maybe on the swing arm but I wouldn't use that on plastic. Use real adhesive remover and you will need no abrasive. I like the heat gun they get it started off pretty good. But if you are removing real graphics not OEM stuff, or some stickers. You will have some nasty left over adhisive. Best to remove with adhesive remover. I like the 3M spray stuff, you can get it at any auto parts store. It works 10 times better than goo gone or WD or anything else I have tryed for sticky removal.

Pressure Washers seem to peal off my stickers when I want them to stay on!

You dont need none of that fancy adheasive remover junk, dont waste your money. Use a hair dryer and heat them up and pull the graphic off, then put gas on a rag and put it on the left over adhasive and it comes right off.

A scotchbrite pad? Maybe on the swing arm but I wouldn't use that on plastic.

I wouldn't use it on the plastic either. Good way to make your plastics look like crap really fast.

I suggested using a hair dryer, Scotchbrite pad & WD40 because all he mentioned was the swingarm and the FRAME graphics in between the radiator shrouds. He never mentioned taking graphics off of plastic. :banghead: