Sign in to follow this  

vibration on my 150

I started a thread 2 weeks ago about my 03 150 thats like new making a winding noise. I have riddin it for about 2 more weeks and its like a vibration in the bars around 5,000 rpm. I have a crf 80, crf 50, crf 70 and none make this weird vibration. It still runs great and the vibrations lessen when it warms up. Do any of you have this also because I want to take it appart it drives me nuts. Thanks Mark

Check your motor mounts, kick starter( mine got so loose it fell off), and all other bolts that might loosen up.

A winding noise? That can be concerning, especially if it sounds like it's coming from inside the motor. I would check it all like chondamx says - a full nut and bolt check around the motor area and cross your fingers it's an external thing. You have a bunch of stuff spinning in there and when they don't spin freely they start making noises. Maybe even try a warm oil change and even with a lighter oil. Maybe something is not getting it's full share of lube. Generally these smaller bikes run for years, and all it takes to keep 'em running is a clean air filter, some fresh oil and new spark. Good luck - if you find out what it is then let us know!

thats odd never heard of that before i would go around and make sure everything it torqued properly