Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF250R tranny oil question

All

I have the 05 CRF250R, Im wondering if it is ok to run Castrol grand prix 4 stroke oil grade 70 for both engine oil and tranny oil?

thanks

Rob

i probally wouldn't i but the expensive stuff for my engine oil but tranny thats fine but u have to change it every ride or so

"i probally wouldn't i but the expensive stuff for my engine oil but tranny thats fine but u have to change it every ride or so"

Ahhh.. WHAT?????

you can use a good 10w 40 in the engine part , but not in the gearbox, this is down to aditives in the oil causing clutch slip

I use a mixture of 50 % diesel and 50 % automatic transmittion fluid for my gearbox .

been using it for years , its really light and keeps everthing clean

Lots of top riders use that mixture , just dont put it into the engine side ,,, it will cause a lot of problems!!!

All

I have the 05 CRF250R, Im wondering if it is ok to run Castrol grand prix 4 stroke oil grade 70 for both engine oil and tranny oil?

thanks

Rob

Yeah, it'll work ok in both engine and tranny.

HiTech

Took your advise, loaded upthe bike with new oil, filter and tranny oil, the only thing i had to do was after filling her up, was to let her idle, get warm, kill it, undo the check valve screw and bleed off the excess oil. after that she ran like a champ.

Monkeymotocross: word of advise in plain english....Stay off the crack pipe...crack kills.... seriously, I had no idea what you said man...

I run honda gn4, 10w 40 in both sides of my 05 250r. The synthetic is too expensive becuase I change the engine oil every 4-5hrs and the tranny oil and oil filter every other time I change the engine oil. I have never had any problems with this.

i would use the honda HP4 in engine and honda GN4 in tanny. thats what I use. Never had a problem and works great. :banghead:

i use cooking oil in both sides, works awesome and it also has a wicked good smell when it burns out of the exhaust

just kidding guys

you can use a good 10w 40 in the engine part , but not in the gearbox, this is down to aditives in the oil causing clutch slip

I use a mixture of 50 % diesel and 50 % automatic transmittion fluid for my gearbox .

been using it for years , its really light and keeps everthing clean

Lots of top riders use that mixture , just dont put it into the engine side ,,, it will cause a lot of problems!!!

Wrong!! I've never seen an oil as heavy as 10-40 with moly in it. usually only 5-20s and lighter oils have friction modifiers.