Sign in to follow this  

Small toy hauler

I travel around the state doing various races, and would like a SMALL toy hauler to camp in the night before the race. (Sometimes takes 8 hrs to reach race site). As I travel alone, does anybody know of a good, small (smaller the better) toy hauler? If so, which brand/company? Really only looking for a place to sleep, and have my own bathroom for in the morning. Have a Dodge Cummins, no worries about being able to pull something!

I have been checking out all kinds of toyhaulers lately, and there is one that might be perfect for you. It is called the Pak Rat by Thor. It is a small enclosed rv front with kithcen, bathroom and shower, and a fold out queen bed. Behind that is a cargo bed for your bikes. You can get a tent cover that goes with it to enclose the cargo bed when you get where your going. This would make a nice garage in the shade to work on and store you bike, or extra room if you need more sleeping space for others. There is one on Ebay right now, and it is 1.5 hours north of sacramento. I think he wants 7500.00 and that is a great deal. He already has recessed wheel choks installed. Do a search on E bay for toy hauler and pak rat.

Hope you find what your looking for

Jerry

There is one on Ebay right now, and it is 1.5 hours north of sacramento. I think he wants 7500.00 and that is a great deal. He already has recessed wheel choks installed. Do a search on E bay for toy hauler and pak rat.

Hope you find what your looking for

Jerry

I couldn't find it with a search. Any ideas?

He must have sold it? He had a buy it now on it. I don't know if they still make them this year, but I see someone else has posted a picture. That is the one I am talking about. It also comes in a longer model with the same size camper, but a longer cargo bed. I'll let you know it I run in to anymore out there.

Also there is a huge rv show in Pomona next weekend. All the brands should be there to see.

HERE'S MINE,It has all the comforts of home and is small enough to go almost anywhere...I take it to races all the time.It's made by Thor and is called the Wanderer Wagon...The model is a 187TB and the front folds out to a queensize bed.You can haul four full sized bikes in it and it will sleep four comfortably...I've even had six in it and not felt cramped.I enjoy it very much. :banghead:

rigathomecropped.jpg

do a search for Titan trailers.They make down to a 14 or 16 ft trailer that you can get in different exterior colors to match your rig.6 or so I believe.

i have a 14' American Freedom. i loaded it up to use as a full-time construction site office and part-time weekender for about $10,000. but i think it comes stripped for around $6000. call USA BANK REPOS (866) 473-4048. mine has had a few minor problems (as do most CA built trailers from what i hear) but it was the smallest lightest thing i could find (2800 lbs dry weight).

I've got the 16 ft. Funrunner (Carson), and have been real happy with it. I pull it with a Tundra xtra cab 4X4. Theyr'e relatively inexpensive, if you buy it right from Carson. I paid $7K for ours and it was like brand new, less than a year old, from a private party. You can also save some duckets, if you buy the base model and do all the add's yourself-a/c-awning and genny. It's not as plush as some, but we just wanted something at entry level. And it keeps us dry, sleeps well and gives us a good place to wash the "monkey butt" off. :banghead:

The 16ft Titan (by Carson) is the smallest (lightest) toy hauler we could find. Build quality is good, havent had any problems.

16ft Titan

How does the Exploder tow your trailer. I assume it's a V8.

Thanks

i have been looking also and carson has some small inexpensive trailers as mentioned above, i am also looking into used trailers, you can usually find nice trailers with out a whole lot of time on them for cheap

How does the Exploder tow your trailer. I assume it's a V8.

Thanks

The "Exploder" is actually a V6 with a tow package, rated at 5400lb towing capacity. Were at about 500 under loaded, yeah pretty much right at the max... Its got 64,000 miles on it and runs great. No exploding yet...

It gets us there at 60mph and really doesnt to to bad of a job. Im of course getting passed by all the diesel pullers out there, but I really dont want to break the speed limit anyway.

I have a Tahoe Pak Rat for sale 2003 model that is loaded with all the options and with a/c! It is the 22 ft. model. Back open space is 14ft long. For sale for $6,200. Let me know if your interested.

Pak-Rat-Reviewed.cfm

Here is an article on it and pictures. However mine is the 22ft model, which means the open area in the back is 8ft x 14ft. It has 14 ft of patio area in the back. I currently haul 4 quads and a generator. It has all options including a new 13,500 btu ac. Sorry still learning how to add pictures from my hard drive to insert.