Sign in to follow this  

cant decide between Pitster and Xtreme

Dont always go buy the price... My buddies are riding the extreme and have been riding/ racing them all year.. No problems no DNF's.. Dont no much about the Pitsters.. SDG's i hear are not too good, and i dont see many at the tracks... The hondas are going to be the best but will cost you more to hop up... But you get what you pay for there... :banghead:

is there anyone out there that has rode/owned both the pitster and crIII and has their own opinion about both?

Not likely !!

Look at it this way, both Pitster and Extreme engines are made by jialing. They do look different, but i'd bet most the internals are just the same, or atleast made to the same standard.

So, IMO take the engine out of the equation.

I believe they also run the same forks, so that only really leaves the frame/swinger to choose from.

I know which setup i prefere after riding a GPX and my Extreme 107, but with only a few minutes on the GPX it wouldn't really be fair for me to vote ether way.......

maybe that's the real question you should be asking. "Pitster swinger or conventional A-frame swinger ?"

But again, it's going to come down to personal preference.

Thats prolly didn't help much did it....... :banghead:

Hey nomotornofun if Gutty can't decide between an 06 Pitster and a old 107 Xtreme that should sum it all up for you. The 05 and 06 Xtreme 124 is way better than the 107 and check the new post: Broken Shock! That's three 06 Pitsters that I seen and heard about. Once again, Good Luck :banghead:

Hey nomotornofun if Gutty can't decide between an 06 Pitster and a old 107 Xtreme that should sum it all up for you. The 05 and 06 Xtreme 124 is way better than the 107 and check the new post: Broken Shock! That's three 06 Pitsters that I seen and heard about. Once again, Good Luck :banghead:

What Pitsters have had bad shocks? I have had a few but it is by no means a epidemic. The swing arm works great and we cover our bikes with great support. Thank you!!

Oh....i should point out, that it was an 05 GTX(same bike but Aussie) with the funky swinger. My bike is far from stock in the suspension department.......And it was on tar...... :banghead:

So possibly not a 100% true comparison......

Don't get me wrong though, it was a really nice bike, ran well, looked really well made for a china bike. Maybe it's just that i'm not used to that funky swinger......maybe with more time i'd feel more comfortable on the GPX...... :banghead:

For the record, PIT RACER is an Xtreme dealer in Pa trying to bash the Pitster Pro's (whatever) :banghead:

i think im gunna go for the xtreme crIII...

is there anything someone can say that will make me change my mind?

oh and are xr/crf50 parts compatible with the xtreme???

Actually, The CR3 is handsdown the best available. I personally own a CR3 and have also owned the 107. And don't mind adding I have yet to see many Pitsters at National races! (example: XTREME PIT BIKE NATIONALS

If all of these other bikes are better, than answer this...

Why is it that virtually ALL "Pitster" and Thumpstar and the others usually go through XTREME dealers to get their parts? Each time my buddy wants a part for his Pitster, he asks me to order it from my Xtreme dealer where I purchased my bike. When I ask him why he doesn't use factory Pitster parts he says because he can't ever seem to get any.

Also, as I have seen in a recent article (will post when I find link) that went over the engine differences. The engines that everyone says is identical aren't! NEWSFLASH**NOT EVERYTHING THAT MEETS THE EYE IS REAL!! BREAK OPEN A COUPLE ENGINES AND COMPARE THE INTERNAL MECHANISMS. I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE A BIG SURPRISE!

okay, here is a comparison for you...although the cr2 test did not have voice over, you can hear the difference in the sound of the bike. The Xtreme video is so much different, you can just watch and feel it! Or maybe I just love my Xtreme and it makes me want to take off work and go ride it! Not to mention the test rider FLIES on the Xtreme. Watch for yourself...

http://video.motorcycle-usa.com/motorcycleUSA/xtremecr2-1.wmv

vs.

http://video.motorcycle-usa.com/motorcycleUSA/pitster_pro-125x-1.wmv

Actually, The CR3 is handsdown the best available. I personally own a CR3 and have also owned the 107. And don't mind adding I have yet to see many Pitsters at National races! (example: XTREME PIT BIKE NATIONALS

Why is it that virtually ALL "Pitster" and Thumpstar and the others usually go through XTREME dealers to get their parts? Each time my buddy wants a part for his Pitster, he asks me to order it from my Xtreme dealer where I purchased my bike. When I ask him why he doesn't use factory Pitster parts he says because he can't ever seem to get any.

Also, as I have seen in a recent article (will post when I find link) that went over the engine differences. The engines that everyone says is identical aren't! NEWSFLASH**NOT EVERYTHING THAT MEETS THE EYE IS REAL!! BREAK OPEN A COUPLE ENGINES AND COMPARE THE INTERNAL MECHANISMS. I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE A BIG SURPRISE!

I don't know were you are gettin your info. But Tell your "buddy" to give us a call, there is absolutely NO problem getting parts for there Pitster Pro's. what ever he needs I can ship today no problem!!!

866-686-7869

Oh gawd, not the 'see, it SOUNDS meaner, it must be so' argument. Gah. (I'll post the vid of my 72cc 'monstah hondah' that makes both sound like creampuffs, doesn't mean it's faster. :banghead: ) I think it's time for a real compro, as in each vendor puts up a bike, I'll bust out the tool kit, and tear them down while documenting all similarities and differences. Just send them to:

Kurlon

570 Roo...

That said, I watched both Xtreme's and Pitsters rip it up at ETown. The riders on both were happy with thier mounts. Pick whichever calls to you more, then report back what you find, both the good and the bad so others will know.

There has been NO problem getting whatever part I need from PitsterPro. Gary,MJ,Ryan and Matt will help you with any part and get it to you fast. Whoever said that getting parts for Pitster was tough is :banghead:

As far as extreme goes, I don't know, but as was said - Whatever you ride have fun and and enjoy Y o u r ride! :banghead:

haha i know seriously u cant say a bike is better cuz it sounds better...funny thing is i bought a total POS knock off for the hell of it and the thing literally was the sweetest sounding pitbike i ever heard yet it ran like sh*t and went about 25mph cuz it was so crappy and the motor siezed up not long after

Forgot one thing - I've heard some bikes don't even come w/ a manual - The Pitster comes w/ a manual and a schematic breakdown for the parts :banghead:

I am having a alot of fun on my CR107 but i am probably going to get a pister next since it is about $500 cheaper on this one website. I love my Xtreme tho and it really does alot for only a steel frame and 110cc.

I am having a alot of fun on my CR107 but i am probably going to get a pister next since it is about $500 cheaper on this one website. I love my Xtreme tho and it really does alot for only a steel frame and 110cc.

what website did you see the pitster for $500 cheaper?

and y not get the crIII? do u think the pitster is better?

I think that the Xtreme may be a little bit better but not by much at all. If all i did was race 50s then i would get the CRIII but I just want a fast pitbike that can jump and have fun on. If they were the same price then i would go with the Xtreme.

This is the website: http://www.mxmotorsports.us/home.htm

I thought that it was cheaper but $400 is still a good deal

I would also consider the Sikk 125 XL. I have rode it before and it really is a good bike with a nice chromo frame suspesion and it has 12x14 wheels. I may get this over the Pister since it is $100 cheaper with bigger wheels.