450R Jetting

Burned, please help...bought a '04 450R from a friend in K.C. need to rejet for Colorado (Denver area) altitude, bike has twin air filter, FMF pipe. It had a 170 main, 3rd clip position, and about 1 turn out on pilot screw...I changed to factory recommendations of 160, 4th pos, 1-1/4 turns out and it seems to be too lean, what would you recommend for a good place to start?

Burned, please help...bought a '04 450R from a friend in K.C. need to rejet for Colorado (Denver area) altitude, bike has twin air filter, FMF pipe. It had a 170 main, 3rd clip position, and about 1 turn out on pilot screw...I changed to factory recommendations of 160, 4th pos, 1-1/4 turns out and it seems to be too lean, what would you recommend for a good place to start?

what makes you think its lean?your pretty close.you could even be at a 155-158.

Engine smells hot after 15mins or so on the track, I have not pulled spark plug yet to look at it, but before I changed jets I replaced the spark plug (it was kinda black looking) It does seem to run o.k. I am not that experienced of a rider to notice small changes in power, but would like to make sure that I am close to proper jetting.