Sign in to follow this  

06 TE with 05 Wheels

Got some 05 TE510 wheels coming with stock hubs and was hoping someone could tell me if the 06 axle is the same diameter as a 05? Or if someone can confirm that a 05 TE510 front wheel bolts to the 06 TE forks. I believe the forks are 50mm for the TEs in 06. Can anyone confirm?

Also is the triple clamps wider in 06 than the 05? And if so by how much?

On the same note is a 05 SMR triple clamp wider than a 06 TE triple clamp?

Last question, do honda 2000-2003 front brake calipers bolt up to a 06 TE fork? I am guessing yes seems it looks to be 60mm. My ultimate goal is to fit a 320mm front rotor for supermoto.

Thanks

Talk to Mike or Jeff @ Taskys. Husky sells a kit that has everything to convert the TE to a SMR. They told me to tell you. It has the wider triple clamps and large brakes, wheels and other stuff. Said it comes out a lot cheaper. Any word on your 510? Our bikes should be at Taskys next week. Then we just hope that the ship dont sink. I would estimate we setting it up in the next 3 weeks. Just in time for the rainy season.

:banghead:

Actually did some research just now (should have done it first before posting {hitting self in head}). It seems that the 06 TEs come with new triple clamps which are 15mm wider then the 05. So I should have a lot of clearence as far tires and brakes options. Now just worried that a 05 hub does not bolt up to a 06 fork. I think the hubs are the same but the spacers between a 05 and 06 are different.

Thanks for the heads up on Mike and Jeff. I spoke to Jeff last week and he told be about it. Also spoke to Dan from MotoXotica about the supermoto kit. Everyone at the husky shops are cool to talk to. The last call I made about the 510 had none in the country yet. That was last week saturday. Going to call again to see if anyone got any in yet.

:banghead:

I spoke to the importer about a few issues last week and he said that the 510 should be here in the next few weeks. Someone said that the factory closes for a few weeks around this time. maybe thats he delay?

I was just as my local shop comparing the TE450 2006 and 2005, the hubs looks to be identiacal but as mentioned before, the spacers are just a bit wider. So i wouldn't see an issue of fitting 04/05 hubs at a 2006.

One note. The 2006 rear brake caliper and bracket are now of the smaller type as on the Husky CR125 and current KTM's. I found out when swapping wheels/tires from my 05 TE450 from my 04 CR125 that the right spacers are a bit different in width, but it just took a second to swap the two spacers and they fit up just fine.

William