Sign in to follow this  

Help..anybody make a plastic tank for 2002 dr 650?

Heve been looking for a plastic tank (oversized) for my bike, 2002 dr 650, I gotta get rid of the metal one, is there a company out there that makes one?

IMS though they have had a little problem with surface finish. Mine came kinda rough. Also, several people have been sent the incorrect petcock and have had to either wait for a replacement or modify theirs to work.

Even with the small problems I'd definatly do it again. Having close to 5 gallons is so much better. I ride 100 miles a day and instead of having to get fuel everyday I can now get it every other day. Sounds like a little thing but it is a big thing to me.

thanks alot, I wondered if ims made one. You never see them in the catalogs, so I guess you have to go right to the source. Thanks alot, Im also looking for new plastics, the yellow's gotta go, I would like to get black, any :banghead: ideas? Meyer? UFO?

Clarke Manufacturing at tel., 503-829-2156 makes a beautiful piece of plastic engineering. I bought the translucent see thru tank and never have to guess how much fuel is left. The capacity is 4.1 gallons and the stock # is item1438 :banghead::banghead:

rocky- hey brother you wouldn't happen to have a picture of that translucent tank would ya? i'm planning on getting a clarke tank and that sounds pretty cool. i'll probably go with the suzuki yellow but i'd still like to see that.

Ok, I'll try to email several pics to you, what's your email address? Just got a digital camera so I need the practice.