Sign in to follow this  

PIPE HELP!! DR.D? Bills? or YOSH?

I have a dealer giving me a pipe he owes me a favor is why, SO he has the Bills pipe, Dr D and the Yosh.TRS SS/SS and he wants to know which one i want.

What should i get?? I would take the money but he wont do that i have to take a pipe.

Help

From the test I've read the Dr. D is the way to go.

Are you referring to the test that shows the Dr.D off by a full horse from Idle to redline? and torque off too? And this was in reference to the stock pipe!

Hey Danomite, wanna buy an ICat?

I have a dealer giving me a pipe he owes me a favor is why, SO he has the Bills pipe, Dr D and the Yosh.TRS SS/SS and he wants to know which one i want.

What should i get?? I would take the money but he wont do that i have to take a pipe.

Help

Take the Dr.D if your bike is too fast for you stock and you want to slow it down...

:banghead:

The best exhaust for the 450 is the one that it comes with. Look at the JUNE 2005 Issue of Dirt Rider. The best ALL-AROUND is the stock pipe. The only thing the dynos show for the aftermarket exhaust is where they change the hit. Most don't add over all HP or torque. They score the stock system with a 90/100. The Dr. D system was ranked best overall with a 98/100 with only the WB carbon pro ranking better with a 98.5/100 (failed test due to exceeding the 102dB sound limit).

Check out this issue for the rest of the tests.

The best exhaust for the 450 is the one that it comes with. Look at the JUNE 2005 Issue of Dirt Rider. The best ALL-AROUND is the stock pipe. The only thing the dynos show for the aftermarket exhaust is where they change the hit. Most don't add over all HP or torque. They score the stock system with a 90/100. The Dr. D system was ranked best overall with a 98/100 with only the WB carbon pro ranking better with a 98.5/100 (failed test due to exceeding the 102dB sound limit).

Check out this issue for the rest of the tests.

if you take a closer look at the dyno graphs in that mag. you will see that most of the pipes made more peak hp and quite a bit more over rev hp , there is no question that the crf 450 R runs very good with the stock exhaust , probably faster than anybody needs to go , but you can change the power delivery to suit your riding style with an aftermarket pipe so there is no ( best pipe ) for everybody , isn't that why guys change other stuff on their bikes like suspension , bars, cams , etc. ? :banghead:

Yea I agree, for a begineer, all they need is the stock pipe. Once they develop a riding style, then they can select an exhaust system to better suit their riding style and give them the power where they need it. And there are so many exhaust systems made for the CRF450, It's hard NOT to find one that will suit somebody's needs.

Read the magazine article if you can find it. Try to figure out which pipe fits your needs. Then get that one.

Seriously, i was about to order a Yosh and then that magazine article came out. The description of the DR.D seemed to be more of what I was actually needing in a pipe for my style of racing. I PM'd a few TT'ers and got there opinion.

Then I made my decision and got the DR.D. Hands-down a GREAT pipe. Get it--it's good! However, you should also order a heatshield from e-line because of the lowboy design. PM if needed.

And as far as I know, the Dr. D pipe does not require re-jetting your bike. Plus it's also about $300 cheaper then the FMF or Yoshi.

Yea I agree, for a begineer, all they need is the stock pipe. Once they develop a riding style, then they can select an exhaust system to better suit their riding style and give them the power where they need it. And there are so many exhaust systems made for the CRF450, It's hard NOT to find one that will suit somebody's needs.

:banghead: