Sign in to follow this  

cr125 vs crf250

im torn between the cr125 and the crf250. i plan to race motocross and do some trails for fun. what shoud i get.

im torn between the cr125 and the crf250. i plan to race motocross and do some trails for fun. what shoud i get.

DRZ 250 :banghead: J/K

Their both good bikes I have own them both I like the 125 felt very lite & quick. But I love the 250 Better lot more stable of a bike. Now no one should take this personal just responding to his post.

It all depends really. I mean if your going to do motcross mainly then I would definately say get the CRF250. Its just that you have to be dedicated to it and really maintain it correctly.

250 is way better. way better

if you strictly racing and few trails get a 250f (i would go for a kxf or yzf for 06, if you damage or want to get a performance dual exhaust for the crf it will cost you a sh*t load, go to this http://www.dirtrider.com/ and read the reviews on the yzf,kxf,and the crf before you make your decision)

if you are doing mostly trails and a little racing get a 125 preferably yz or sx, they are light and easy to work on and you dont have to work on them as much

Depends on what class you race. If you are a beginner, then get the 250f. They dont take to much skill to ride. They also cost alot to maintain, especially at the pro level. A 125 takes alot of skill to keep it on the pipe and ride it effectively. I prefer the 2 stroke over the four stroke simply because i have been riding 2 strokes since the beginning.

eddie-

I like the 4 strokes better, smoother and larger powerband, but the 125 is lighter, and deffinitly less maintance intensive, much less, and much less $ to maintain. Does neeed much clutch and is also probably more difficult to ride than the 4 stroke

the 250 is a MUCH better trail bike than a 125! its a 4 stroke for goodness sake! uve got way more torque and power all the way through, and if a 250f isnt light enough for you, than just start ridin 50's lol.

the 250 is a MUCH better trail bike than a 125! its a 4 stroke for goodness sake! uve got way more torque and power all the way through, and if a 250f isnt light enough for you, than just start ridin 50's lol.

On a 250f you have two race against Real 250's in some classes.

The Crf is only Waay better if you can deal with Waay more money to maintain.