Sign in to follow this  

2006 YZ250F What's Going On!!?

I was told by my dealer that I would get my bike at the end of October.

Other TT members are already getting their bike tomorrow.

What's going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting different news everyday, anyone here find some ''stable'' news on the release date? Are some states getting them in before others, or all at once?

:banghead::banghead:🤣

Sorry.. I was just asking if anyone heard or knew when the dealers would get them and if it was different from coast to coast.

I'll let you know when I get mine, it's coming to TN where I'll pick it up.

i stopped at the yamaha dealer yesterday and they said the first 10 are already sold, but they should be in at the end of the month.

A local dealer sold a 250F SE yesterday. They're here if you're on the list in CA.

My dealer in Utah said he has one in L.A. to be shipped and he should have it by tues. or wednesday, and since I was first on the list its mine! Oh Ya

I have been in constant cominication with 4 dealers in so-cal and I have been getting different dates from everybody. I just got off the phone not 5 min ago with 74 motorsports in Lake elsinore and they are now saying possibly november... when he had called me last week and said ANY DAY. all I know is I am going to ocotillio in 2 weeks and would love a new bike. Yamaha is now the last manufacturer to release their '06 250f..... I dont want to settle for the kx so I hope it happens soon... I think I will call a few more dealers now....

Hey, Disco Stu... I had this posted under another thread. Don't know if it will help or confuse, but for what ever it is worth (bottom line, I don't think the dealers know much more than we do:

I have learned a few things this past few weeks about allocation and shipping and release dates, blah blah blah. I have been trying to track this stuff for 2 months. For what it's worth, this is my take;

The blue bikes were to be the first 'AT USA DOCK' release and arrivals. The dealers 'kind of' knew when and what was coming their way - generally speaking. Yesterday and today have been an anomoly. A few dealers had surprizes sprung on them when they received, not blue but 1 anniversary model. My dealer in Fresno 'Clawson Motorsports' received such a surpize. They were not expecting it. No blues to be found. In case you are wondering, I did not get that one as it was spoken for - pretty high up. Now, they are a LARGE dealer. Very high volume. My thinking before yesterday was that only such dealers would be receiving the LE's. Not so. The dealer I found mine at yesterday was a small dealer - who also had NO CLUE they were to receive it.

I had several calls from the GM at Clawson today and she checked everything available to her to figure out allotment and delivery time. She was not to receive another LE until January or February. At least thats what the yamaha dealer site was telling her. She is supposed to be receiving more blues at the end of this month (could be now for all we know since they look to be 'early') and then the second release in Dec/Jan.

The best we could make of the LE's to arrive early was an attention ploy by the manufacturer to garner more interest due to the late release this year. It's all hypothetical peeps, so don't put much weight on it. FYI, I am first on the list at another dealer, that I cannot speak very highly of, for an anniversary edition. If you live in Cali and are serious about it, I believe I was the ONLY person in line for the LE bike. Again, I am not very impressed with this dealer, but if you are willing to pay sticker and give a rats ass about a salesman's personality; I'll email you the name.

yeah I read that in the other thread as well... thanks for the info... I will remain optimystic..... however this whole thing is pretty :banghead:

I saw a brand new one today at the track (thunder valley) - 50th anniversary edition. A girl was riding it, so it wasn't a sponsored pro or yamaha guy or anything. They must be at the dealers in colorado already.

I saw a brand new one today at the track (thunder valley) - 50th anniversary edition. A girl was riding it, so it wasn't a sponsored pro or yamaha guy or anything. They must be at the dealers in colorado already.

She could have been a "sponsored pro or yamaha girl or something" :banghead:

Sure it was an 06? Did it have an allum frame? I only ask because i've seen a few bikes with yellow plastics and hurricane graphics.

Yeah it was on '06. I saw her on the track and then went over to check it out after she went back to her car. Wish i would have had my camera with me.