Sign in to follow this  

Xr650R or TE510

I am currently riding a 2002 Xr650R, I have rear nothing but great reviews about the Husky Te510, Is it a good reliable trail bike?, How is the power compared to the Honda ? I am 6'5" 235 lbs. and a vetran rider. I do not like having to kick start my XR and can geat a GREAT deal on a 2005 te.

You want to know how the te-520 compairs to the xr650 as a trail bike? :banghead:

I

yes it's a very reliable bike, lots of power, this is NOT a 450, but its not a 650 either.

I have riden a couple Xr650Rs and the TE-510 is way better at handling. It feels like a MX bike next to that 650R bathtub. The 510 is very manageable and with 6 gears, E start and kick start, it's 10 years beyound that Honda XR line technology wise.

Honda XR's were kings for a decade, but they're getting long in the tooth now. Either the Husky TE-510 or the KTM 525 EXc would be a dramatic step up , you will notice the improved handling.

I ride with my 2 boys, they ride TTR Yamahas, but I also ride with a few of my old racing buddies from my earlier years.

the huskys are large bore/short stroke motors. The TE510 is more a rever, it's quite a different bike from your XR, ride one or a TE-450 if you can even the 04 models would be a good bike to get you that husky feel and see if you like it.

The KTM with its longer stroke would be more torquey.

If you don't mind me asking, how much coin are you going to pay for the 510 ? If it's a good deal, then what are you waiting for ? You will be absolutely amazed once you ride that Husky. BTW, I think Tirebiter is being a bit sarcastic (he has an 05 510 Husky).

Jerry

I own both....but i havent ridden my XR since i bought the TE 510 6 months ago.

Its not even worth considering the XR...they will be replaced next year. Its ancient history.

One ride on the light, fun, reliable, smooth 510 and you find that dirt bikes are really fun.

Sell the XR while you can.

Malcom Smith Motorcycles in Riverside, Ca is offering one or more at that price too I heard (05 TE 510). If I had another $5500 laying around, I'd get that too. Then you would be set up for racing and trail riding. Well, that and the new 06 TE 610 for dual sport rides. God, more hay to provide for Hungry Huskys. :banghead: Steny

I was at Malcolm Smiths last week--they have a BUNCH of '05 TE510's/450--like a dozen or so...some had $5500 price and some a lot more. Not sure the difference. Smokin price.

They also had the Husqvarna jerseys.... and a TC450.

Didnt see any 610's...