Sign in to follow this  

Attempting to maximize cornering angle?

Since I have now learned the basic of MX. I am determined to try something new and similar to this: http://photobucket.com/albums/y272/zRedbullz/?action=view&current=Gettingloose.jpg - or like the one Ryan Hughes did on the front of the transworld cover not long ago.

If I am right, you throw the edge of your front tyre grip so it's just a fraction of washing out, you stab your foot down and use the throttle to level off? Am I right? Any advise?

Thanks

It may not be a good idea to stab your foot down while cornering, but to rather use your inside leg for balance keeping it out in front and just above the ground. For all you need to know on cornering, look into Gary's vidio's. They are very good at showing the best techniques for cornering and all the other aspects of riding. They have helped me out alot. Good luck.

Thats a nice photo. Your pretty much correct, but dont stab your foot till the bike is pivoting, have it out and ready though. I garauntee you will wipe out a few times trying to reach that angle. Post us a pictre when your done.