Sign in to follow this  

3000+ miles no valve problems

I'm as sick of valve threads as the next guy but thought both sides of the story should be told.

Checked my valves last night, still haven't moved after the break in period. I have about 3500 miles on my x. I ride trails with some hairscrambles, enduros and track riding mixed in. Change oil (HP4) and filter every 3-5 rides and use twinair powerflow filter and oil. Still is not burning any oil and starts easy. :banghead:

Anybody else have a similar story? :banghead:

Amen to that. Its nice to hear some positive feedback once in a while. I just rebuilt my top end. Ive had the bike since August of 04 and the valves havent moved once. I love my bike....

I'm as sick of valve threads as the next guy but thought both sides of the story should be told.

Checked my valves last night, still haven't moved after the break in period. I have about 3500 miles on my x. I ride trails with some hairscrambles, enduros and track riding mixed in. Change oil (HP4) and filter every 3-5 rides and use twinair powerflow filter and oil. Still is not burning any oil and starts easy. :banghead:

Me too. no oil use no valve issues

Had to shim the exhuast valves after break in and they haven't moved since. I ride at 9000 ft. Took it to 12,400 ft. once. Only run 85 octane.

'04 250X with over 3000 miles too. Use Honda HP4M oil and paper filter, change every 300 miles or less. Check valves every 600 miles. Use No Toil air filter oil. Ride mostly single track and sometimes MX track.

Ride On :banghead::banghead:

I was right with you guys, Then my right intake got tight. Now I'm replacing valves and putting in a new piston to bring back to new. But I had about 20 harescrambles and lots of trailriding on it. "Supersenior class"

80 hours/ 1800 miles, change oil every 500 or so with hp4moly engineside and straight hp4 intranny, runs perfect, valves have not changed.

hey my vavles looked like they pooped, but I still love this bike...and MAN I have ridden this thing HARD...i am very impressed they have lasted this long I would say with all the races and play ridding I have but an easy 2000 miles on it.

It's hit or miss.

Wifes Bike had Valve issues from Day 1, Mine never has.

Her S/N is like 00290 or so and mine is in the low 01500's I think.