Sign in to follow this  

River City/NMA Poker Run 10/9

This was a great ride! Enjoyed ripping through the long course (31 mi) in 2 hrs and then headed out for the short course (22 mi). They had a great turn out (about 360).

Lots of contingencies and prizes, the costumes were a riot. Excellent job done by River City and the NMA!!!

Can't wait til next year's Poker Run Series!!

OK, I was there, just did the short long course! :banghead: Hey Mrudy, was that you that blew by me, throwing rocks all over me, (plated WR450) almost knocking by buddy off in a corner (KTM450EXC) just after coming into the clear cut? On a KTM 2 smoker, either a 200 maybe a 300EXC?🤣 I find some folks who want to ride fast (and its OK by me) tend to be real rude, and almost dangerous. Especially when you are not ready for someone to be racing past. When I have a rider come up on me, I will let him through as soon as I find a good clean spot to pull over. But some just cant wait. Usually, 2 out of 5 times, that same guy will be in the brush a hundred feet ahead and I have to just laugh. Of course, this post isnt directed at you mrudy, just the fast rude and dangerous riders. :banghead:🤣

On another note, did anyone find a WA road plate on the course, just before the check point 3 (sand hill gravel pit) on the long course? My buddy lost his plate on the ride. And with his luck, they were checking again for tags/plates at that next checkpoint, and he didn't have it. But he did ask them to keep an eye open for anyone who found a plate. He was being truthful and the sheriffs did let him ride without it withut hassling him. We had already been checked shortly after the start anyway. And did the sheriffs make you push your bike across the road at checkpoint 3? I see them watching traffic and i figured they was just waving the bikes across when it was clear, but they were actually making folks push the bikes. I'm ready to cross and he stops me, then sees my plate and lets me go. I wonder why they are checking plates/tags again, and was told they was making the ORV rigs walk them across. Just thought it was kinda strange. Anyway, done now, thanks for listening. :banghead:

OK, I was there, just did the short long course!🤣 Hey Mrudy, was that you that blew by me, throwing rocks all over me, (plated WR450) almost knocking by buddy off in a corner (KTM450EXC) just after coming into the clear cut? On a KTM 2 smoker, either a 200 maybe a 300EXC?🤣 I find some folks who want to ride fast (and its OK by me) tend to be real rude, and almost dangerous. Especially when you are not ready for someone to be racing past. When I have a rider come up on me, I will let him through as soon as I find a good clean spot to pull over. But some just cant wait. Usually, 2 out of 5 times, that same guy will be in the brush a hundred feet ahead and I have to just laugh. Of course, this post isnt directed at you mrudy, just the fast rude and dangerous riders. :banghead:🤣

Thats the craziest thing I've heard. :busted: In one breath your asking him if he's this guy that was a rude rider (poker racer) then you finish up with this isn't directed at you statement. Pull your head out, mrudy is one of the great ambassadors to the off-road community. He donates countless hours to help preserve and improve this sport that we all love! :banghead: I personally know him and he is one rider you can count on being courteous. Also mrudy rides a ktm 450 exc. Not a 2 stroke.

Thats the craziest thing I've heard. :banghead: In one breath your asking him if he's this guy that was a rude rider (poker racer) then you finish up with this isn't directed at you statement. Pull your head out, mrudy is one of the great ambassadors to the off-road community. He donates countless hours to help preserve and improve this sport that we all love! :banghead: I personally know him and he is one rider you can count on being courteous. Also mrudy rides a ktm 450 exc. Not a 2 stroke.

I see you are new here at 8 post deep. So I can assume you have no idea what the emoticons are used for?

To get back on topic, who won the bike?

I woulda gone but I was doing cleanup at Reiter, then secured a campsite at Golbar Nature Trails. :banghead:

OK, I was there, just did the short long course!🤣 Hey Mrudy, was that you that blew by me, throwing rocks all over me, (plated WR450) almost knocking by buddy off in a corner (KTM450EXC) just after coming into the clear cut? On a KTM 2 smoker, either a 200 maybe a 300EXC?🤣 I find some folks who want to ride fast (and its OK by me) tend to be real rude, and almost dangerous. Especially when you are not ready for someone to be racing past. When I have a rider come up on me, I will let him through as soon as I find a good clean spot to pull over. But some just cant wait. Usually, 2 out of 5 times, that same guy will be in the brush a hundred feet ahead and I have to just laugh. Of course, this post isnt directed at you mrudy, just the fast rude and dangerous riders. :banghead:🤣

Honestly, I can't remember blowing by anyone and if I ever do pass someone, I try to prevent the roost throwing. I have been on the receiving end of unnecessary roost many times and hate it.

Most folks on sunday were very courteous and pulled over when I came up behind. A few others needed some revvs from the thumper to get the message. While others didn't get the message even after a few "wohoo's". I had to pass a few quads who wouldn't get out of the way using more agressive techniques than I like to admit.

Something also to note, during the 2nd loop, after getting past some of the riders, I would stop up ahead to get photos. Naturally, I'd have to pass them again, but usually stopped and waited for them at the next check so I could get their names for the photos.

Next time we're at the same event, be sure to introduce yourself. :banghead: Would like to meet you in person.

Way to go Rick you pissed his fan club off 🤣 now you did it :banghead:

Yup. This is major yogurt for you buddy. I registered just to let you know that the mrudy army is oiling up our margarita blenders. Be very afraid.

Oh, yeah. We found your buddies plate. I put it on my straight piped CR480. :banghead:🤣

Seriously. Mrudy is the second most courteous guy I know. The MOST courteous guy I know rides a KTM 200.

Go figure.