Teardown update with pics

I split the cases with help from my father and here is what I found. As I predicted after finding a tooth and shredded pieces of metal stuck to the flywheel, a transmission gear broke. It was 3rd gear on the main shaft. All the other gears are fine. Also, I had no idea but my shift shaft is extremely bent and must be replaced. Also, check out that metal chunk in the pics, I can't find where it came from! It's aluminum and appears to be part of the casing. I looked at the piston, cylinder, and cylinder head as well and nothing appears to be broken. I am really curious as to where it came from. Also, some of the case bearings seem alittle "crunchy" when spinning and others butter smooth. Obviously these bearings that seem crunchy need replacing correct? Here are some pics:

Broken 3rd gear (crappy pic) 100_2277.jpg

Another shot of 3rd gear: 100_2275.jpg

Bent shift shaft: 100_2285.jpg

The mystery piece: 100_2284.jpg

Another shot of the mystery piece: 100_2280.jpg

Overall teardown.... what a jungle! 100_2286.jpg

100_2287.jpg

i hope for your sake, your mechanical skills are better than your close up photo skills. pull the camera back another 10" and you shots won't be blurry and flashed out.

Lol, I've tried that but the lighting is quite poor in my garage so when I tried taking the pics further away, the pictures were quite dark even with the flash on. :banghead:

Check to see if your camera has a Macro or Close-Up setting. If not, find out what your closest focal point is. It may be on the lens but it will also be in the owner's manual.

Still don't have it? Get a yardstick & some books or magazines. Put your camera on a table. place the yardstick just under the lens using the books & mags to raise the yardstick just under the lens. Take a picture. Read the yardstick in the pic. That's it.

It's much better to have a picture in focus & small than the grey blobs you posted here. :banghead: