Seriously not trying to piss anyone off but...

It seems like most guys on this thread do desert or trail riding rather than track riding. I rent out Baggeland about once or twice a month and rarely do i get anyone from TT to come out. This was the first web board I participated in and have enjoyed it. I am a bit at a loss for the lack of participation in a good old private rental at a great track.

Just venting. But I would like to hear some feedback...as long as you don't shoot off my back side.

naturally this board is mostly trail/desert/woods/offroad riders, because it's unsafe to ride offroad alone. So we NEED this board to seek each other out for ride buddies. where MX riders can go to a track alone and not worry about it because if they wreck or get hurt someone will help them or of they have a break down they can push their bike to the truck.

Since MX does not require a ride buddy every time like trail riding does, this ride board attracts mostly trail riders.

That said there are a few MXers around here.

i personaly dont like paying 20 to 30 bucks or more to ride on a track. when there are a ton of places to ride for free or like 5 bucks. i usually have to drive an hour or so to a place to ride and to pay another 20 or 30 on top of that. i just cant justify that. i have riden a couple of tracks. i dont know maybe one of these days ill do it again. but there is nothing like just getting on your bike and riding in the open country out on a trail or up in the woods. never been to the dez but ill be going soon i know. no disrespect to you CR2CRF, maybe one day ill join in on a track ride with ya

Well at 43 I do not choose to race, I choose to ride.. I could go a little

faster then I do ( got over my head twice today-no crash ) but I do gotta go back to work.. Not the hospital.. Oh I work in the hospital.. Well I gotta work on the guys who race. I never could figure out why I would pay to have somebody tell me when and where to ride. I started riding in 74. Never been to the ER yet!!!!

Skoot22 go over to jawbone 58 yo 14 north, about 25 miles turn left on cantil i believe... Oh I used to live in bakersfield and you have some of the best desert 90 min away I,m way north now but the little pic is jawbone in 84

i have driven by a BLM sign that said jawbone\butterbrect on kelso valley road i guess it was about 5 or so miles from 178 i was out hunting with a friend just scouting around. we turned down that road for a few miles but did not see anyone riding. i did see an old what looked like a 3 wheeler frame that was a tomb stone. was i anywhere close

Ken, to each there own! :banghead: I have a great time riding anything track,dez and mountains. Personally nothing sucks more then a good dez ride with 10 buddies sucking each others dustor not see where your going! Yes people do get hurt just TRAIL RIDING also. That's why i enjoy riding tracks in the summer since their groomed and watered. As soon as the rain hits i hit the dez more + having a red sticker bike doesn't help me out trying to get out to the dez or mountains. I'll be out there with you as soon as i get some more VAC and Sick days :banghead:

Yes thats it. Drive back untill you see the black water pipe. ( You cannot

miss it; it is a main water suppy to LA ) Great hills and yes it is at it's best with rain or snow. I spent years out there climbing hills, there is a gas station just south of the road on highway 14, a great race with your friends is to start at the station. Go north untill you get to Red Rock State Park, there is one Road you can go down legally into the park. There you will see a great rain and wind erroded, Red Hill made of Sand Stone. This has been the backdrop of many commercials as well as a Aerosmith Viedo. They closed off all but the road in the late 70- but well worth the ride to see.

naturally this board is mostly trail/desert/woods/offroad riders, because it's unsafe to ride offroad alone. So we NEED this board to seek each other out for ride buddies. where MX riders can go to a track alone and not worry about it because if they wreck or get hurt someone will help them or of they have a break down they can push their bike to the truck.

Since MX does not require a ride buddy every time like trail riding does, this ride board attracts mostly trail riders.

That said there are a few MXers around here.

This is partly why I ride tracks. My schedule is so hit and miss, tracks just seem to work out better for me. Also, your explaination makes a lot of sense. I'd post the ride days on other threads but then I get a notice from one of the administrators that my post is spam.

Thanks for everyone's input. Appreciated all the comments. I hate the track prices too. Love open trail rides. Need more bud's that can go at a moments notice.

It's partly distance and mainly work schedule. I'd make the trip but mostly end up working 6 days a week. Monday is typically the day that you set up the ride the only way I can have a Monday off is to request it about 3 months in advance and give part of my left kidney... :banghead:

I hope you have fun and better turn outs in the future.

BTW. I'll have to send you a pic of your yellow plastic on it's new home.

It's partly distance and mainly work schedule. I'd make the trip but mostly end up working 6 days a week. Monday is typically the day that you set up the ride the only way I can have a Monday off is to request it about 3 months in advance and give part of my left kidney... :banghead:

I hope you have fun and better turn outs in the future.

BTW. I'll have to send you a pic of your yellow plastic on it's new home.

Monday is the only day I rent because it's the day I usually have off. I can't tell you how much I miss that yellow plastic.

Desto, always good to have you out for a ride.