Sign in to follow this  

Crf stumble

i have an 06 crf250r and it has a stumble when you hit the gas real quick

im thinking accelerator pump but maybe jetting.....

will a boysen quickshot do the trick??

A boyeson quickshot will cure it with no problem. Also consider an Icat to go with it. THey are both cheap and make the bike very strong. I have them on mine.

Dirt Rider notes that they changed the jetting and that helped. Im sure adding the quickshot will help too. I've also heard iCat's are junk and are a waste of money.

First off what is the icat ? 06 cames with a 40 pilot try a 42 that will help.

iCat's have something to do with the ignition spark... i read an article on it somewhere and can't remember where to find it. they said it added no performance at all and could not tell a difference between it being there and not being there.

I have heard that it isnt really a problem with the jetting, but a problem with the throttle itself. I will find out some more information and let you know what I find out.

first of all, who said dthe icat is junk? they are worng. the icat was originall developed for bulldozers and just recently(last 2 yrs or so) have been used on dirt bikes. the icat hooks to your spark plug just like the original cap. it does make a difference and if u dont believe me check out transworld motocross. the rated it 10 of 10.

Try a smaller leak jet also....it is the jet that lets some of the fuel from the accel pump "leak" back to the bowl. So a smaller leak jet will allow more fuel to squirt.