Sign in to follow this  

no more 250sxf: new 450sx

just got the new 450 and rid of the 250sxf. liked the bike but not enough power. going out to cahuilla creek tomorrow to check it out. rode down the alley and first gear seemed really tall, maybe just havn't ridden a 450 in a while. bike feels a lot lighter than my 04 crf 450 probably not in reality but moving around side to side it feels light. jetting seems a lot cleaner and i like the decompression lever for flooded engine..........havn't heard any tips on this bike yet so if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it.......

Cool, and congrats. I have about 5 hours on my SXF, but can see where a 450 would be nice sometimes. I love the 250SXF, but it doesnt have 450 power. I will ride the 250F this year .....my lap times are faster on it.

Cool, and congrats. I have about 5 hours on my SXF, but can see where a 450 would be nice sometimes. I love the 250SXF, but it doesnt have 450 power. I will ride the 250F this year .....my lap times are faster on it.

thanks!i am really happy with it, my riding style suits the bigger bike. actually was really surprised at how light and well it handled compared to my 04 crf 450. no more stress in big jumps out of corners! just needs a little setup and shes done.

I actually think the 250 is the best bike for everything right now, so much usable power that has an awesome grunt. It pretty much feels like a detuned 450.

just rode the sxf against my new crf450...no match in power; i cannot relate to the "small 450" claim, even compared the the 250YZF or CRF270 Thumperracing kited one, which has much more grunt. That being said, the sxf is supernice in handling and suspension, smooth shither and no mechanical noise compared to the japanese bikes, and is the lightest 4 stroke feeling bike I have ever ridden clossest to the 125 cc feeling. The best handling KTM ever, with finaly a sticking frontwheel. Congrats, KTM.