Guess what is sitting in my garage right now???

That would be a 06' YZ250F, yellow in color with a really cool anniversary badge on the rear fender.

I took a picture to post, but for some reason I am not allowed to post attachments on this website????

Anyway, It's quite sweet. Even if it was a 7 hour round trip to go pick it up in Nevada this AM. I'm gonna go ride it around the block again :banghead:

I just emailed pics to the moderator.

If there is anything that might please you to see, let me know and I'll take a pic and email it. I cannot post pics to the thread because I'm the computer equivelant of a squid blasting through 3 gears in the pits on race day.

just got off the phone with la yamaha( #2 dealer in the states if I am not mistaken) and their bikes have "shipped" which means they have entered and left the port and should be arriving anytime in the next few days. :banghead: I already put my deposit down while talking to him... take a pic of the 50th anniversary sticker you mentioned...and what did the ask OTD??? I can hardly contain myself...

I have learned a few things this past few weeks about allocation and shipping and release dates, blah blah blah. I have been trying to track this stuff for 2 months. For what it's worth, this is my take;

The blue bikes were to be the first 'USA DOCK' release and arrivals. The dealers 'kind of' knew when and what was coming their way - generally speaking. Yesterday and today have been an anomoly. A few dealers had surprizes sprung on them when they received, not blue but 1 anniversary model. My dealer in Fresno 'Clawson Motorsports' received such a surpize. They were not expecting it. No blues to be found. In case you are wondering, I did not get that one as it was spoken for - pretty high up. Now, they are a LARGE dealer. Very high volume. My thinking before yesterday was that only such dealers would be receiving the LE's. Not so. The dealer I found mine at yesterday was a small dealer - who also had NO CLUE they were to receive it.

I had several calls from the GM at Clawson today and she checked everything available to her to figure out allotment and delivery time. She was not to receive another LE until January or February. At least thats what the yamaha dealer site was telling her. She is supposed to be receiving more blues at the end of this month (could be now for all we know since they look to be 'early') and then the second release in Dec/Jan.

The best we could make of the LE's to arrive early was an attention ploy by the manufacturer to garner more interest due to the late release this year. It's all hypothetical peeps, so don't put much weight on it. FYI, I am first on the list at another dealer, that I cannot speak very highly of, for an anniversary edition. If you live in Cali and are serious about it, I believe I was the ONLY person in line for the LE bike. Again, I am not very impressed with this dealer, but if you are willing to pay sticker and give a rats ass about a salesman's personality; I'll email you the name.

It's taken me long enough to try to figure this out, but I think you can find the photo's here. Tomorrow that bike will not look the same. Plan to have a 'real person' opinion on how that thing runs. I'll be on a intermediate to hard pack track, so let's see how that front end turns.

http://groups.msn.com/yz250f/shoebox.msnw?Page=Last

Tomorrow that bike will not look the same. Plan to have a 'real person' opinion on how that thing runs. I'll be on a intermediate to hard pack track, so let's see how that front end turns.QUOTE]

A 739 sucks on any terrain even hardpack and especially anything softer than hardpack. Your ride tomorrow would be 1000x more fun if you switched the front tire out for at least a D739 or MS3.