Sign in to follow this  

What oil should be used in these engines?

I'm using fully synthetic oil in my 124cc pit bike because I believe it offers the best protection. I've had no problems with the clutch slipping. I've been told that fully synthetic shouldn't be used in these engines.

This is what one guy said, "Out of about 7 shops and a few mechanics, plus the mojo guys and the guy at big 50's they have all told me not to run fully sythetic. These engines (being an old design) need the oil to be a bit thicker and stickier at high temps as to lube everything sufficiently. I have been told semi-synthetic can be used. This is what I have been told over and over again."

So, what oil should be used in these engines?

Cheers,

Ben.

use any engine oil you want, aslong as it doesnt have fiction modifiers (reducers)

personally i use motul 5100, but have used generic deisel engine oil in a pinch (diesel engine oils generally dont have friction modifiers, where alot of car oils do)

Everyone you talked to must be on crack then lol, or are simply trying to sell you THERE oil. I run Amsiol 20w-50 Full synthetic and am about to switch over to Golden Spectro 15w-50 Full synthetic. Amzoil has been working flawlessly for me.

I was running 10-30 quaker state, then i switched to Bel Ray thumper oil.. Been using it in my bike bikes for 2 years and love it... So i been running in the 50 for most of this year... No problems what so ever... :banghead:

i use bel ray 10w40 as long as u dont buy ur oil at the dollar store u should be fine cause if ur really riding ur bike hard u should be changing it often any way :banghead: