Sign in to follow this  

So Cal guys- Unknown Track?!

Hey today I saw an awesome well groomed track that was on private property in the Otay Mesa area. It is on Alta rd near Donavin Prison. It's not in the area where most people ride. A friend of mine found it one day and showed me today. It's all fenced off and there's a bull dozer, porta potty, and a big water truck. It looks like it's still being worked on, but at least 90% done. Anyone know who owns it???? The track looks to be very well designed and bigger than the El Cajon track. I would definitely pay to ride there!! :banghead::banghead:

I saw that track from Otay Truck Trail the other day. Thought it was just some trails that were made into a track, I didn't drive down to find it. Would be nice to have a close option for a track around SD since El Cajon closed, even though I don't ride track much.

I'll watch this thread,we need a new track in SD. I miss Carlsbad!

This should've been placed into the 'California' forum. Check there or check proride.com.

edit: nevermind, guess it already got put in the Cali forum as well as the YZF forum.

IT would make sense that the El Cajon track would move there. I think its mostly County property by the jail. Away from houses and no biggie if the convicts bitch about the noise. Once they finish the 125 toll road (next year), it won't be that bad of a drive.

I work in the Otay Mesa area - in the next few days I will swing out by the area mentioned and see if I can get any more information.

IF this is true, my kid will be so excited.

It 's a state owned track FOR the prisioners.The state decieded that if you can teach a felon to ride , he'll be less likely to commit crime.They also bought 50 new CRF's to teach them how to work on bike's too.That way when they get released they will have work experience(valve replacement/machine work)and can get job's at the mant Honda dealers around the nation.

Snuck out of work to check this track out. Its on the West side of Alta Road a few hundred yards before the turnoff to Donovan Prison.

Nobody working on it today. Its fully fenced and keep out signs are posted all around it. No real work on any infrustructure such as access road or parking, so I am guessing its a private track. If I hear anything else, I will post it.

I found a note from some other guy on the front gate that also wants to ride there. I wonder if it's some wealthy guy that just likes to ride once in awhile? Anyway we need to get to the bottom of this. We definitely need a new track. So if anyone gets some info, keep us posted. Thanks!!

Oops sorry for posting in the wrong category.