Sign in to follow this  

problem with Zip-Ty fuel mixture screw

I am trying to set up my FCR carb and am having a difficult time installing the Zip-TY fuel mix screw. . The pamphlet that came with it states to contact them if I am unable to get more than 5 full turns-in (should be 8 full turns )and I am getting roughly 4 1/2. I was hoping someone else has run into this and can explain what the deaal is so I don't have to wait 'til Monday . thanks

Ok , I ended up using antisieze and it helped the screw turn easier but I still only get about 4 1/2 turns and it feels like it bottoms out. I went back and tried the original factory screw and it too threads in about the same . Was there possibly a misprint in the pamphlet ? Does anyone happen to know how many turns I should have before the screw is bottomed?

I had a long long thread about this a while back. I could never get my ziptye in well. In all their pictures, and confirmed by them onthe phone, it should nice and deep into the card, with about 1/4 inch sticking out. Mine was 1/2 inch or more. they sent me another, same think. Went with a Kouba link much better. But even it tended to vibrate outward after a while.

Now I just have some really small diameter vaccuum hose length (about 1/2") on stock screw so I can easily turn it ;^) Stock is best. Others have no problem with there Zip ty's. There is just such a tight tolerance between the machining of the screw and the carb that if one is even a micro off it has issues. Or the other zip tye owners dont knwo theres' is off :banghead: Most ar eprobably fine.

I had to bore out the clearance hole on one of the carbs that I worked on because the Zip-Ty screw was binding up and rubbing against the side of the hole.

Didn't bore it out by much mind you. About .020 larger then the current diameter.