Intake closes 1mm 40º ABDC

Exhaust opens 1mm 40º BBDC

Exhaust closes 1mm 10º ATDC

Here is the California Cam

Intake opens 1mm 0º BTDC *

Intake closes 1mm 45º ABDC

Exhaust opens 1mm 45º BBDC

Exhaust closes 1mm 0º ATDC

I have a California 2004 250x. I have done the air box mod, installed a Bills race pipe and header, pink wire cut and removed the smog equipment, installed the block off plate and rejetted.

How much different is the 49 state cam vs. the CA cam?

Should I notice a huge improvement if I change the Cam?

What would you suggest for trail ridding and hill climbing?

49 state stock, hot cam, or Crowler< Yes I will rejet.

Next year I want to go to the 270 kit but for now I can only get a cam. Thanks, Fred

If your willing to spend the cash for a 270 kit, contact Crower Power and see what the cost of their 270kit + cam would be. I've heard nothing but good things about Crower Power.

Leave the 49 state cam alone and get either the Hot Cam or the Crower Power cam.

Now, I did install a Hot Cam in my X, coudn't afford a Crower cam. Damn thing screams. Thinking of a 270 kit when it time for a top end.

Which one did you get? I do not see it on their website. Thanks

I also got the hotcams and love it, I got it from Ebay, great improvement in low and mid range

Dan Crower does all my motor work.

I have been riding since I was 10 and I am 31 now.

I will not bring my bike to anyone but him.

I have an 05 X with a Crower 270, Gen 2 Cam, Pipe & Jetting, 49 rear sprocket. My X rips now. Its tuned perfect; breaths perfect, starts perfect, and hits real hard for a small bore. Most everyone I ride with has a 450 or a 250 2-stroke, and on a couple of occassion now I have had them pull up next to me after a long trail/wide open session and say to me "Dude that thing halls ass!". The best thing you will do for you bike is bring it to Dan.

Go to his website and call him: www.crowerpower.com

-Jake (San Diego)

Call me of you want my opinion:

619-977-1818

Jake it looks to me you might be set up for speed. I am in the east, just moved to SC from San Diego, and into eastern tight trails and hill climbs.

What is the difference between the Gen 1 and the Gen 2 cam? Does the cam make that much of a difference that I can change the gearing a little?