Sign in to follow this  

CRF clutch problems

Can anybody tell me why the engagement point always changes on my Honda clutches after the first five rides? i have bought about 4 new Cr/crf bikes and i have had this problem on all of them. everytime I'm lining up at the gate i can never let my clutch out slow because it seems like the clutch is either totally engaged or disengaged, not letting me slip the clutch as i go over the gate. how can i fix this?

If you hold the front brake and engage the clutch just enough so that it is trying to creep foreward than when the gate drops you just have to let go of the brake and feed the clutch for good drive. I havent had any problems with my cluch on my crf like that. Maybe your abusing the clutch by slipping it to much out of corners? At least they come with quick adjust levers so you can adjust it as needed.

i am a little ruff on my clutches, but not enough to have this happen within the first 2 weeks of having my bike. when i let the clutch out its not like i can even feed it out. its all happens in about a 1/16 of the clutch pull and it goes from dissengaged to engaged. any ideas?