Sign in to follow this  

brighter light

can you get a brighter light for the stock headlight and has anyone used an acerbis cyclops light(and can you make theose brighter too)

E or S? Glass or plastic lens? Glass lens/S is easy to get a brighter PIAA bulb for. Plastic lens headlights are more iffy. You can get brighter bulbs for them but anything over 35W is going to want to melt things. It may not melt it on your bike but it has been known to.

E or S? Glass or plastic lens? Glass lens/S is easy to get a brighter PIAA bulb for. Plastic lens headlights are more iffy. You can get brighter bulbs for them but anything over 35W is going to want to melt things. It may not melt it on your bike but it has been known to.

it's an sm

can you get a brighter light for the stock headlight and has anyone used an acerbis cyclops light(and can you make theose brighter too)

The acerbis lights are not as bright as stock, and have plastic lenses so a brighter bulb will probably melt them.

For the SM and S which have a glass lens try an H4 Xenon bulb in 12v 60/55w.

These are available from good auto stores, I love mine, they are supposed to be 50% brighter, and I have no reason to disbelieve the claims.

Neil. :banghead::banghead:🤣

Bulb.jpg

go with 80w/120w in h4 if you want sheer photon blasting power. DOn't know if you can get them in superwhite or xenon, though that would sure be nice. ANybody got a way to put an HID in there?-I love night riding but the stock light isn't enough for off road.

These are available from good auto stores, I love mine, they are supposed to be 50% brighter, and I have no reason to disbelieve the claims.

Neil. :banghead::banghead:🤣

i would question 50%, but still they usually are better. i installed PIAA extreme white bulbs in my triumph tiger and took some pics to compare. all pics were with a digital SLR with the same aperature and shutter speed. here's the comparison pics...

http://odometer.org/bikes/index.cgi?&path=bikes/current_bikes/1998_triumph_tiger/piaa_headlight_bulbs/IMG_8865.jpg

NOTE, the tiger is a dual headlight bike but my old H4 had one dead low, so i did show the difference in the 1 low, along with showing the piaa dual low, and the comparison of dual highs from oem to piaa. i don't ride trails but i live in deer infested twisty mountain roads and i drive like a boob.

you could also try aux lighting, i added some PIAA 1100's to my tiger as well and they kick ass....

http://odometer.org/bikes/index.cgi?&path=bikes/current_bikes/1998_triumph_tiger/piaa_1100_install/IMG_8900.jpg

there is an older version of this light called the 1200 that you can get for cheap on ebay, but i'm sure is just as good or close.

hope that helps.

🤣

go with 80w/120w in h4 if you want sheer photon blasting power. DOn't know if you can get them in superwhite or xenon, though that would sure be nice. ANybody got a way to put an HID in there?-I love night riding but the stock light isn't enough for off road.

i'll try that, hopefuuly i'll see those darn chickens crossing the rd :banghead: