Sign in to follow this  

What does the DR do to a sport bike when it falls on it?

It totally demolishes the fairing and bends the lever.

What was the damage to the DR? a few scuff marks on the end of my handlebar.

Now the crappy part.. I got no insurance. Just when i was planning to get some soon too..

Who is liable? My bike is sitting there in a line of others at a cafe, and im drinking my pineapple juice, i hear a rather loud crunch. Oh shit, i don't see the DR! Its fallen on a sport bike.

It was a rather windy day and i parked the DR on a slope, (God damn that soft rear suspension)

Is it fair if we pay half each or am i entirely liable?

Tough call... was he in your spot?

But u have take responsibility for leaving your bike in an unsafe position.

What if it was a kid that it had fallen on?

If the other bike parked next to you after you had already parked there then I would tell the guy to pi$$ off.

Like I said.............Tough call.

Yep the bike was already there and i parked next to him :banghead:

oh man that sucks for you but it is kinda funny in a sick, sport bike hating kinda way.... sorry:excuseme:

The way I see it is that the sport bike obviously said something to the DR

that Pi$$ed it off big time.... there is no way that a DR would behave that way

unprovoked :banghead:

Seriously though... sorry to hear of your misfortune. I guess you’re on the

hook for that one. :banghead:

I think the real issue is the fact that you were on the road without insurance. I had a Z1000 with only 200 miles on the clock that got smashed pretty good by an uninsured driver. It was parked in the lot of my local grocer when some fool in a pick up whipped in to the spot I was parked in. Uninsured motorist. My insurance pays for it, my deductible goes up, my premiums go up, bike is out of commission for three weeks.

From what you've told us it sounds to me like you will have to eat this one. He was already parked in the spot, and your bike blows over.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Flea

Sounds like "an act of god" mate, the insurance company speak when they don't want to pay out for unusual natural events. This is worth checking out legally as you may not in fact be liable. Do you have some kind of citizen's advice bureau in Oz that offers free legal advice? Personally I think it was bad luck, but you weren't actually liable unless you did something negligent. Anyway, worth a phone call, may save you a few hundred bucks. Good luck!

yeah i agree w/ advbob. act of God. guess He doesn't like them either :banghead:

Vash, that sucks dude.

btc20mx, only someone who hasn't priced a sports bike fairing would be so flippant..

What kind of bike was it Vash?

josh.

It was a zx2r. Strange how americans have been saying im entirely liable but every aussie i ask says its not my fault. Different legal systems i guess.

what would you expect from someone if that had been your bike that got droped on??you would expect the person of the other bike to pay for fixing it,its the right thing to do..

If the weather report supports high wind or gusting wind then its an act of god or nature. If your positive that you parked your bike correctly than hey some one could have walked by hit your bars and tipped it over. If you were in the USA you could sue Suzuki thats if you lived on the west coast or east. here in the south you might just have to suck it up. I wouldn't pay 100 % of it. get some insurance.

I think half is fair, maybe someone did knock it.

I know people who have been in parking areas with there cars and not received and payements for accidents they have been in, just because its too hard for insurance companys to determine who is at fault, next step is court, know one wants that. Its one of them things.

Anf

I've noticed how DRs sit almost straight up when parked, mine fell over in my garage after sitting there at least 2 hours. If some dude's bke fell on mine I'd be pissed, maybe the guy will let you work out a payment plan or something

I just got a '97 DR350 today, and I'm surprised how close to veritical it is on the kickstand and how easy it would be for it to fall over. I'm thinking I may need to carry a little piece of wood with me to park the back tire on so I can put the thing on the kickstand on pavement without it falling over.

I also think you owe the guy. He didn't do anything to contriibute to the accident, and your bike did. If you parked your bike somewhere and a dump truck accidentally dropped a load of rock on it and destroyed it should it just be your hard luck or should the owner of the vehicle that did the damage be responsible?

-deanoaz