Sign in to follow this  

pw 50

Not that I could find. What do you want to know? I'm going to be selling my son's shortly since he is ready to step up to the KTM.

All I can say is it's a great little starter bike that probably allowed my son to start at 4 instead of 5.

nope nope get a xr/crf50

Some kids, including mine, are too short to reach the ground on the crf. Even with a shaved seat. Yet he's MORE than ready to ride(even jump). So that's the advantage of the pw and jr 50....low seat height.

i was looking for articles and tips about mods, maint, anything in general.....

i love that lil bike my kids have one and i cant get them off... especially my son

My 4 year old advanced so fast on his PW that I also thought about doing some mods to it but I decided against it. My .02:

a: the bike is very reliable as stock...why f with it?

b: 99.9% of pw buyers are looking for a beginner bike (and pw's hold their value) so tweaking the thing for a little more hp will only hurt the value and resale.

c: anyone on a pw that needs more power should move up to a crf or ktm (or similar). Because, if you're going any faster than the stock pw allows, then you need better suspension than the pw has. My son can't even touch the ground on the pw but, as of yesterday, he's now on his sisters crf50 (pissed off sister!) because he was going so fast on the pw that he was just bouncing around especially after jumps (ie, no suspension.) This was after 3 weeks on the pw50...the kids go through these bikes so fast, why mod it?

Anyway, just my opinion. If you really want to mod it, I was able to find info and products on pw mods on ebay and other sites...just search google. Good luck.

Son last weekend on pw50

MX-10-200513Medium.jpg

Here he is yesterday on the crf50

MX-Oct0544Medium.jpg

MX-Oct0551Medium.jpg

There's a lot you can do with a pw50,a lot of organizatoins wont let a crf or any mini with gears in the 50 class,Donny Falkner of pax racing is the pw guru,I think he has a web site.

any good links or sites about pw 50's

Doc,

I just sold my PW yesterday, that being said,

there are a lot of little tricks for the PW50,

yes, you can re-jet it,, also, take out the oil injector gear, and run straight pre-mix in it,,,it will run much better, also, you can have the cylinder bored out and go up in piston size,,

if you are in or around oceanside, let me know (PM) and i can tell you where I had mine done,,,

you can also switch out the reeds, the stock ones are made for longevity, not performance...boysen makes some for the bike...

also, if you look at the stock airfilter box, it is all but sealed,,, a pod type filter along with re-jetting makes the bike run like a raped ape,,,

as for exhaust,, i am not sure,,,

you can get a performance cyntrifical clutch, as well as a few other mods to the internals of the engine,

believe me, there is probably not a crf/xr 50 that can touch a pw when modded,

if you are looking at racing the bike, pretty much any mods to the engine are illegal, I believe the only legal mods are gearing...

good luck and have fun

There's a lot you can do with a pw50,a lot of organizatoins wont let a crf or any mini with gears in the 50 class,Donny Falkner of pax racing is the pw guru,I think he has a web site.

Exactly, that's why my vote is for KTM. No gears, great suspension, made for racing...right out of the box.

those links are pretty cool thanx...

yeah my son loves his bike...

i broke it down this weekend to do some PM's on it and he was pissed cuz he couldnt ride...

funny never thought a 2yr old would be so into their bike as much as he is :banghead::banghead:🤣

Exactly, that's why my vote is for KTM. No gears, great suspension, made for racing...right out of the box.

They are fast....But and a big BUT......They take a major amount of "Dads time"! My boy has a 50 Pro Jr and I have to wrench on that thing everytime he rides it. They are picky little bikes....I was told by a "well-known" local KTM guy that KTM 50s are 15min bikes......Ride hard for 15mins and time for a pit stop. (Air Filter and oil change) I got my son a CRF 50 so he could ride trails with me, and honestly he likes the Honda better than the KTM overall. The KTM just sits in the garage lately. :banghead: