Sign in to follow this  

Thinking about purchasing an extra rear rim.

I just bought new tires and the rear is not working out for my at home riding conditions. It is apparently a good tire for intermediate terrain so I thought of purchasing another rear rim and putting a soft terrain tire on it. That way I can easily put the best tire for the day on. What do you guys think?

I guess that is cool if you have that sort of money to spend. I prefer to just have a good all around tire. The Maxxis IT i find works well across the board.

I guess that is cool if you have that sort of money to spend. I prefer to just have a good all around tire. The Maxxis IT i find works well across the board.

Where I ride It slides all around. I've taken it down to 10 PSI and I'm having a more difficult time getting up some of my very loose gravel/soil hill climbs than I did on my old Michelins.

i would try to locate a used assembly, either on ebay or from your local salvage yard.

building a new wheel can get pretty pricey. you will need the wheel, hub, spoke kit, rotor, sprocket, etc.

i would try to locate a used assembly, either on ebay or from your local salvage yard.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I just ordered the S-12 and if it does as well as expected. I'll try and find a used rear wheel assembly to mount the IT on. I can change the rear wheel in minutes :banghead: