Sign in to follow this  

Q

I am more than happy with the performance of my DR650 both street and dirt, but I would like to improve on the sound. I've read here that the Q sounds good. Are there any negative impacts from only changing to the Q and not doing any changes to the jetting or airbox?

Thanks.

Flea

the dr comes from the factory too lean and opening up the exhaust without any other changes would make it worse,do the exhaust,open the air box,do a jet kit and you would be amazed.not expensive either.

Unless you live in high elevation (7000 ft +) you have to re jet your carb. It will run faster, smoother & cooler with the correct jetting.

I am more than happy with the performance of my DR650 both street and dirt, but I would like to improve on the sound. I've read here that the Q sounds good. Are there any negative impacts from only changing to the Q and not doing any changes to the jetting or airbox?

Thanks.

Flea

To answer your question if you pull the air box snorkel and turn the fuel mix screw out 2 turns you will be fine running the FMF.

You'll get your best bang for buck by opening the airbox and putting in a DJ kit, relatively cheap too. A lot of guys have done this without changing the pipe and it works fine. I have the FMF with airbox + DJ kit and the difference is dramatic over stock. Cheers, Dave.