Sign in to follow this  

610E leaking fuel tank

I have now found why the previous owner did not have the rad covers bolted to the tank......... !!!

I bolted them in an then one started to leak straight away, there is a load of silicone sealant in the hole, and now I've disturbed it it's leaking.....

any ideas on how to resolve this little nightmare without buying a new tank ?

Many thanks

Andy

struggling to find Acerbis in the UK to see how much it is for a new one, arggggggggghhhhhhhhhh any ideas.

Thanks for the ebay info, there's one for sale in Germany at the minute so I've emailed him for a post price etc so fingers crossed I'll get that one tomorrow :banghead:

thanks for the help :banghead:

Andy

Ring up Motosupplies.com Tel 01524 734444 they are Husky breakers in the UK.Could get a cheap tank from them for about 50 quid.

Mate, I had the same problem..... What I did was take the tank down to your nearest plastic welder, get him to pop the seated brass nuts out of the plastic and then reseat and reseal them. You only need to do one on each side as if yours is the same as mine only one of the two is used to secure the shroud.

And for good measure I used a MCS tank sealer. Thick clear paint like stuff comes in a 500ml can and you pour it into your tank, swirl it around and let it dry for 5 days. Never leaked since!!

Good luck