Sign in to follow this  

What Exhaust(System or tailpipe??)DRZ400E

Hi guys I've searched through the previous posts and not really found the answer to my question so I was wondering if any one can give me guidance??

I have a DRZ400EK4 it is like brand new 20 miles tops I was wondering what combination of exhaust will work best for me? I quite like the FMF tail pipes but then comes the question can I just buy a tailpipe or do I have to buy mids and headers to go with it? I like the shorter tailpipes in the FMF range. I was looking at the: FMF A.M.A. Legal 16" Titanium 4. Will this work with standard mid pipe?

My standard exh is just so F***in loud I've taken the end plate off just to reveal there is a 5inch piece of pipe(the thing that stops the sparks flying out) attached to it with mesh around it and that is it there is NO BAFFLE the tail is just open(I live in the UK so may be different to the U.S versions).

I don't want to make it too quiet just tone it down a little.

Also will I need to re-jet?

Cheers

Darren :banghead:

Just wrap some exhaust packing round the perforated tube, that will take the edge off it.

As for a new exhaust, you really need a full system for any power gains.

There are several slip on exhausts to fit your front pipe, Remus, Leo Vince, Arrow etc. Yosh also sell a slip on, or a full system. I found most of the gains to be had came with a front pipe on my "S". The main trouble with slip on' and a stock front pipe is finding a gasket/sleeve to mate the two together, my FMF front pipe came with a sleeve to make it fit an "S" silencer. But I had to make a sleeve when I fitted a Leo Vince slip on to it. And yes if it has not already had the jetting sorted you will have to make changes.

Neil. :banghead::banghead:🤣

I just bought a Big Gun Evo X system and have not installed it yet. I am hoping for the best and will let you know how that goes soon. Jb

I ordered a DEP pipe today just the silencer and link pipe.

Once I get it and fit it I'll post back with the results.

Darren :banghead: