Sign in to follow this  

Replacing a Oregon bike title

How long does it take to get a replacement title?

I put my bike (02-YZ-250F)in the paper Fri for the weekend and we've tore our house apart and I can find every title except the one for the bike :banghead::banghead: .

Well, a guy came today and wanted the bike and I told him I'll have to go get a replacement title so he backed off, which I understand. I told him I could sell it with a Bill of Sale then get the title to him and he wasn't interested. I looked online and the fee is $55.00 so anyone know how long it'll take?

It has generally taken me about 3 weeks to get a title back. I think that they tell you it takes 6 weeks but 3 has been my experience.

Another option is to fill out the replacement title paperwork at the same time that you fill out the paper work to transfer the title into the other persons name. You could both go in at the same time, DMV will validate on their computer that you are the current registered owner thereby satisfying the buyer. At the same time the buyer can apply for the title to be transfered into there name - which DMV will approve because you are there as well. Stop by or call DMV and they can validate that this is accurate.

I've had to get a replacement title before for a bike that was registered in another persons name (two owners prior to me). I was able to order the replacement title and transfer ownership in one transaction. It was a pain for me because I actually had to track down the original owner. For you it would be no problem at all.

It's sold!

About an hour after the first person left another person called and wanted to take a look at it. I told him I didn't have the title and I would do that tomorrow, he said it didn't matter he wanted to look at the bike. He showed up took a look at the bike rode it and pulled out $'s. The guy with him was auto broker and said the title didn't matter on used bikes in Oregon (???) and they'll buy it with a Bill of Sale. We loaded it up, he handed me the cash, I handed him a Bill of Sale and he said if the title turns up to just mail it to them. I'm going to DMV tomorrow to get it out of my name, then go back to digging through the house to find that stink'n title.

Ohhhhhhhhhh that was a sweet bike especially with all the goodies. :banghead: