Sign in to follow this  

Are SS valves prone to cupping?

I have an 03 450R. And i just got done wasting my second set of TI valves. So i ordered the ferrea stuff from RHC. And am currently wating for it.

Anyhow, I was wondering if you didnt get the valve seats resurfaced is it possible for SS valves to cup like the TI valves? Thanks for any help on this. :banghead:

Yes, anyone? I too have a 450R and put a NEW Ready FIlter in every ride and am sick of wasting OEM valves. I think they're not Scottish and are CRAP! (some will get the SNL reference some will not). I am waiting for some KW SS valves and am curious to y'alls thoughts. Thanks a ton!

I have the Kibblewhite Stainless Steel intake valves and their valve spring kit. I have had them in my bike for about 1.5 years and have done nothing but ride!!! I have never had to adjust ANY of my valves since the change. Before, I would go through Honda Titanium valves every 3 to 6 months. I did all the work myself and there was no need to have the seats reground because the seats are so hard the only thing that was obviously worn was the Titanium valves. You might not need your valve seats ground unless you have neglected your air filter maintenance.

Thats pretty much the answer that i was looking for.. I have a twin air powerflow in my bike and have cleaned it almost every ride or replaced it as necesary. So i should be good to go when i get my valves.. Appreciate the input! :banghead:

Thanks Black450R!!! I'm installing some KW's this week. I'd say 15 hours was all I got on this last set of Honda intake valves. I'm looking forward to just maintaining the beast and riding it!!! What part of Cali do you live?

i have seen steel valves cup when the hy performace dual valve springs loose enough seat pressure but nothing like the stock titanium valves im heading for Ca and will be @ Varner Racing for the week

Thanks Black450R!!! I'm installing some KW's this week. I'd say 15 hours was all I got on this last set of Honda intake valves. I'm looking forward to just maintaining the beast and riding it!!! What part of Cali do you live?

I live outside of sacramento by marysville.. So i ride at riverfront and E-street alot.. E-street rocks and marysville is getting better.. Going to hollister this weekend to race if i get my valves in the mail!!!!!!!!

Who could I talk to about getting the Kibblewhite SS valves and springs? I am getting my valves adjusted as we speak, but I think my stock Ti valves are starting to take a crap. Once I get my valves adjusted, about how long should that adjustment last?

Once I get my valves adjusted, about how long should that adjustment last?

A few rides. I got 3 then on 4 it was at zero again. But then I don't know how much the guy before me rode it at zero. I bought it used. How long has yours been hard to start?

It just started running like crap. It still would start when cold, but when real hot I would have a problem. I think the right intake valve just went to zero

I replaced my 03 450 with SS kibbles and did the intakes only. You MUST use their springs and base washers and I would order the OEM keepers since the spring kit does not have them. I called Kibble tech support and they confirmed and also mentioned they are getting 5 times the life from their SS valves!!!

Throw the Ti's away!!

My bike runs just as it did off the showroom floor!