Sign in to follow this  

Sunday 10-9-05 results??????

I got 4th in the Thumper class.

I don't know what I got in big bikes, not good because I was way tired after the Thumper class.

1 hour Thumper class

2 hour Bike bigs

= one dead smudge puppy.

Hope everyone had a great day :banghead::banghead:

Third Senior A for me at Atalissa, found out right after going around the 4 wheeler but before the "mudhole" they ran us into right after the start that I had no rear brake :banghead: this may have helped me there because I had came around the corner and tried stopping but to no avail. So I knew that it would be a pretty ugly crash hitting the mudhole half ass so I grabbed a big handful of thumper throttle and blitzed though it coming out in first place. But it wasn't very long and I had to let 2 people by, as I couldn't hit corners hard and the off camber stuff was pretty hard with front brake only. Some of the drop offs were a ways down as someone we know found out. :banghead: I had fun as it was 9.2 mile course with lap times running right at 30 minutes each. I was just 45 seconds behind the leader, if I only had brakes ..............

Gasser Greg looked good out there-maybe it is fate for him to ride a spanish bike.

Baja's new ride looked extra sweet today but it took some abuse, I never seen anybody have so much fun as we talked afterwards he was proud of the crashes ( ? ) he had ......................

W_W_1 was on fire putting forward a unmatched effort, no throwing walnuts this year🤣 he was on a mission.

Juuba another overall - Gas Gas is fitting him well.

I will let the rest of them tell their results and stories, but I am curious if Baja is going down to Fremont in a few weeks ????????? That could be a turning point.

W_W_2

I won all of my practice sessions here at home. Yeah, it was tough. I rode 4 bikes - sweeping all four sessions. :banghead: :banghead:

🤣

Mechanical DNF :banghead: Ran second place in the series points all season. Then while sitting at the start line for an hour watched the points leader go limping past me. Sucks for him I thought, hes not racing. Then thought hmmm, great for me as I can possibly take the series win. Bike ran great until the last 1/2 a lap. Damn CRF blew a crank seal and all the transmission oil leaked into the engine side overfilling it. Eventually with so much oil in there it was frothing and blowing by into the airbox fouling up the carb. Now not only do I need to move up to the big boys class, but I need one of those damned bullet proof woods bikes.

Mechanical DNF :banghead: Ran second place in the series points all season. Then while sitting at the start line for an hour watched the points leader go limping past me. Sucks for him I thought, hes not racing. Then thought hmmm, great for me as I can possibly take the series win. Bike ran great until the last 1/2 a lap. Damn CRF blew a crank seal and all the transmission oil leaked into the engine side overfilling it. Eventually with so much oil in there it was frothing and blowing by into the airbox fouling up the carb. Now not only do I need to move up to the big boys class, but I need one of those damned bullet proof woods bikes.

http://www.funmartcycle.com/

8th in 201+ B @ FVOR... I think I could have done better, but I really didn't want to **** myself up :banghead: It was still a lot of fun though! Also they said it was 2 hours... but it seemed more like 2 and a half :banghead:

Yeah the new bike isn't so new anymore. 🤣 I got a great start, it's nice to have a bike that starts one kick!!! Took a few spills but overall I fricking love that KTM 2-stroke! The suspension is still a little stiff yet but overall the bike is awesome, just awesome. :banghead: Somehow wound up with 2nd place, but the sandbagger that won the class finshed twenty-some spots ahead of me overall. The track was fantastic, I took a few scenic routes down the 30 foot dropoff just to get a better view. 🤣🤣:busted: Had a blast though. Also had a great view on the starting line of WW1's sweet ass, I'm pretty sure he's been working out. :banghead::busted::busted:

Also had a great view on the starting line of WW1's sweet ass, I'm pretty sure he's been working out. 🤣🤣🤣

I too had this veiw for about the first 2 miles or so, just a faint smell of gerbils, kinda forgot that i was there to race, He said it was rubbed raw after the race, but I think it was from the blistering stare he was getting at the starting line from Baja :busted::busted:

Finished 4th Big "B" on a strange spanish bike, it really did work well , but I think its too heavy for my spazztic riding style, just too big to throw around for 2 hours. :busted:

Great ride BAJA! :banghead::banghead: N ew bike excellent results!

Ok, my day started bad and ended ok. I had a terrible start, was left at the line still kick'n when Baja took off. I'm sure I heard "see ya sucker" 🤣 when he left. Anyway got going and got caught up in the bottle neck of C riders that got good starts but sucked in the tighter stuff. Lost mucho time trying to get around them. Never saw Baja again. Baja you took my points mang. I am going to have to drain some of his fuel at the next race. Still just didn't feel good the whole day, keep bouncing off trees and missing turns. I got all excited hit a little kicker jump before a turn thought "man this is fun" just in time to watch the trail go up the hill while I went straight. :banghead: Hit a 2 inch sapling and bit it pretty good in the tight stuff and lost a couple more places. Bike was running reeeal lean on the bottom I was worried I'd blow the little thing, but it kept going. Definitely going to have to do a little jet work before Fremont. Oh WW1 and WW2 I need some more details on the Ford ATF change. I had blisters on my two fingers from the damn clutch. Way to go BAJA!! :banghead: Great ride for just a break in. Bungle, your gonna have to talk Tim out of a 200 now and run that. How did WW1 finish yesterday? I never asked.

You would think that I would have a part by Freemont so I can ride my own bike....🤣

I miss the little fella :banghead::banghead:🤣🤣

the course was a lil' screwed up for the first lap... I lost a minute or two because I somehow wound up unintentionally cutting half the track due to bad marking. So I was thinking, hey this looks awfully familiar.. and then I came back out and asked some people, whom didn't know but said alot of people went that way too because some n00b took out some tape in one of the turns. I eventually got back onto the right part of the course though, and I saw them making changes to the track DURING the race. :banghead: But it kindof worked out, because there was a gnarly tight hill climb on the first lap, and about 6 guys in front of my piled up halfway up it 🤣 They took that section out after the first lap... I wonder why 🤣 But after the first lap of hell, they got their sh!t together and everything was cool. :banghead:

What!! They screwed up the trail markings again?!? 🤣🤣🤣:busted::banghead::banghead::busted::busted::busted:

That happened last race too. unbelievable. Glad I went to Atalissa,

thats really too bad though it sucks for the guys racing and for Wardy too.

After my bike broke I was talking with Wardy and he showed me this new tape he is going to start using. Instead of normal caution tape that rips, he showed me this other stuff (warning buried cable) that has strings/fibers in it. I`m telling you I could not tear the stuff, he had to cut it with a knife. I tell you this if this new tape is tied between 2 trees and you try to ride through it, your coming off the bike. Don`t know if this stuff is going to be good or not? What if you overshoot a corner and unintentionally hit it? However the cheating out there sucks too.

That just doesn't sound like a good idea, I'd hate to have someone wrap it around their neck or something.

OK, here it goes,

The coarse was like 6 miles, some new areas used some old areas used. The first new section was across the creek, you had to go across 2 foot wide bridges that were built over the creek (they were well done, I had no problems) then it was all single tight stuff newly cut trough the woods. There were several cut down handle bar width spots hehe. Everything was very dry and powdered up fast, very tuff for traction, the up hills required momentum big time. The one section Krass is talking about, they had a bottle neck at because people are dip $hits, I got trough just fine but next lap its gone.

Lots of bottle necks this time because there were a lot of riders there. They used the whole SX track in the bottoms, they use the creek but it was dry and actually kinda fast if you knew the right lines, they used the pine trees (which I like by the way) real tight, they use a corn field (which I liked but turned to power in one lap, then like riding sand) they use water ways like Gusse's stuff. The hills by the SX track got real powered with roots buried under the powered, claimed a lot of riders.

I heard some complaints about cheating and coarse marking, I saw some cheating, but I've seen that at all races this year, I did not see any marking problems.

I rode two races there, the Thumper class on my KLX 125, it was a 1 hour race on a portion of the big bike track. I got 4th.

I rode +40b in the big bikes, I was kinda worn from the first race plus I had to get off the KLX and hope on the KTM for the start of the big bikes.

I just rode the big bikes, I don't know what I got, someone said 12th, I don't care I had a lot of fun and got lots of riding in.

UW, I let a buddy ride the KDX, I think it sucked in to much dust, anyway theres no compression, I'm hoping just a new top end will fix it.

I really had a fun time, it was dry and the powder made it tuff, but that's hare scrambles, powder, mud, ruts, lappers (me), bottle necks, bad starts, bad coarse marking, blown corners, cheaters, trees, off chambers, cold (yeeha Keithsburg), I just love riding, racing with all you guys.

Oh and by the way, I'm calling all of you out on this, if you have a 80cc to 150cc little thumper, I'm your huckleberry in the Thumper class next year :banghead::banghead:🤣🤣🤣:busted::busted::busted: