Sign in to follow this  

Got Dirt? New track

I got permission to build a mx track behind my house in my neighbors cow field. The only problem is he doesn't want me digging big holes everywhere. So where can I get lots of dirt the cheapest. The track isn't real big just big jumps. Its built on a 100 X 100 yard area. Also hes letting me use his skid steer and cat free of charge if I supply gas.

Get empty oil drums, or old cars, or something else like that to use for your jumps. Then just bury them as needed. That will save a lot of dirt.

Get empty oil drums, or old cars, or something else like that to use for your jumps. Then just bury them as needed. That will save a lot of dirt.

but if you case a jump wont the car colapse

yea do what they said when i used to ride bmx i used everything for filler. also if its not completely flat try to make some natural terrain stuff that will save dirt

talk to some of the local swimming pool builders in your area they always have dirt and usually for free. thats how we get dirt to build tracks and jumps

dig holes and use them as part of the track and when he wants his property restored all ya got to do is fill the holes with the hills ya made

dig holes and use them as part of the track and when he wants his property restored all ya got to do is fill the holes with the hills ya made

thats a good idea haha i actaully never thought of that huge roller into pit :banghead::banghead:

dont go taking a bunch of trash and smashed up cars onto his field..lol.. even if you bury them wish dirt thats still no good. id be scared to ride on a track made out of burried trash, get in a big rut and hit car hood..lol

Lots of places are always looking for a place to dump dirt. Just be sure it's clean fill dirt, and watch your local classifieds. Holes suck! Downed riders you can't see, tractor falling in, ars holes throwing junk in the holes for you to crash on, rain filling them up, etc.

thats a good idea haha i actaully never thought of that huge roller into pit :banghead::banghead:

it does work and you dont have to dig big holes that fill with water

im talking about skimming the ground to give elev to the track

not a big 10' deep hile for you to fall into

The pool ideas good, but i live in the middle of nowhere. If I dig holes in between the jumps, wouldn't that cause a dangerous situation if I was to case a double.