Sign in to follow this  

How do you treat riders who dont ride 'your' brand?

Here in Cal the majority of bikes are Honda and Yamaha. I notice that a lot of Honda riders wont acknowledge me or even give me 'trail signs' because I'm on a blue bike. Does this happen elsewhere?

Most the Kaw and Suzuki guys are cool. I mostly see it between blue and red riders.

nah we don't have that around here. Usually though if something happens someone says they should have gone blue or red or whatever bike they ride its a friendly thing not a negative thing

lol... i guess thats never happened to me because i only ride with my friends on private property, youd have to be pretty gay to do something like that.. im a yamaha guy, but if your out there riding thats all that matters.. whether your on 2 wheels, 4 wheels, 3 wheels, 4 stroke, 2 stroke really doesn't matter to me

Most of the time I don't even notice what a guy is riding unless it stands out for some reason(new bike, catchy graphics, etc). I've never seen the "Harley" mentality on a motocross bike personally. :banghead:

i live in cali and been riding for 25 years and i have never ran into this problem. it does not matter what kind of bike you are on. people are people the color of their bike does not make them act a certain way. people on dirtbikes are usually very helpful and friendly to all that ride. it is just a respect thing. just like when you ride street bikes everybody usually gives a friendly wave when passing if they are on one too. prejudice over a bike color you got to be kidding me.

You don't see much trail rage up here in the Pacific North West. I've never gotten the finger on the freeway either. I guess there's just more people having bad days in California.

Hopefully when you get that is all good natured kidding. WHo cares what the heck you ride, as long as you are riding? I wanted a blue bike. BADLY! Girl thing. Not at all about the bike itself. (I LIKE PURPLE! WHO MAKES PURPLE? BLUE IS SECOND FAVE COLOR) Guess what? I ended up with a yellow bike. I am not particularly fond of yellow, but when I am riding, I don't seem to notice. Maybe those more serious care more about brand, but I would be fooling myself if I ever thought I could wring it all out of any brand and be hoping for more power.

I've never gotten any deragatory remarks, but I've been given a hard time for riding blue before. I guess its mostly punk kids (which seem to thrive here).

Glad to know the TT fellowship is cool at least!!!!!

Here in Cal the majority of bikes are Honda and Yamaha. I notice that a lot of Honda riders wont acknowledge me or even give me 'trail signs' because I'm on a blue bike. Does this happen elsewhere?

Most the Kaw and Suzuki guys are cool. I mostly see it between blue and red riders.

Do you shower? :banghead: I'm a Kawi rider BTW... and I don't care what others think. I like my green bike. It's all a matter of preference. My son has a YZ250F and we enjoy harassing eachother about whose bike is slower. It's part of the game!

Never had that happen to me. I love to see all types of bikes out there. It keeps the manufacturers striving to make better bikes!!

Just ride!! :banghead:

we have some honda fags here but its all good .....the new crf is really holding the reliability flag at honda..psh..

ill ride whatever, i just happen to ride a suzuki and im going to a yamaha..

Out here, it's all Yamaha. And I don't know why? But, when we see a different brand, it's like "Wow! A red bike!" or "I didn't know they made yellow ones." And it's all in good fun. I don't care what you ride as long it's not breaking down all the time.

i think that kinda stuff happens only on TT, usually at the track noone cares what u ride,

yeah i think it's an internet thing. just like the quad bashing. noone walks up to people on quads and says " you suck!!! only real men ride bikes!! what's with the training wheels azzhole?!!"

and how would anyone know if they are not being acknoledged because of thier bike color? do you ask them afterwards? or do you just assume it's because of the bike? i find that most people that say they are being treated a certwain way because of some stupid reason only think that because they treat people differently because of the same thing. if that makes sense...

I don't think most dirt bikers really care what brand of bike or what type of bike someone rides. I have not yet seen the "I'd rather push a Honda than ride a Yamaha" type doofy stickers on bikes yet. As for myself, I am glad to see folks out riding in the dirt and having fun, no matter what they are on, be it a Suzuki, KTM, an old beat up Hodaka, or an ATV for that matter.

I have seen (and participated in) lighthearted stuff about what is better, 2 or 4 stroke, Suzuki or Yamaha, 2,3, or 4 wheels, but nothing really bad.