Sign in to follow this  

crf450x v ktm 450 exc

I currently ride a crf250x and am looking for more power. I weigh 150lbs and am 6ft. I want the handeling on the 250x but i like that the 450exc is almost street legal because i am going to make my bike street legal with in a year. SO what one should i get

This has been discussed recently. Try a search and you might find what you need a little quicker than waiting for others to post.

I haven't had the 450 EXC but have had a KTM 400 and 520 , rode a 450EXC at length. I own the 450X.

Bud, these are both great bikes. The KTM has a 6 speed , better air filter access . nicer bars, and a better trip computer, and "okay" suspension , a good handler, but a little nervous at higher speeds, like 60mph plus, without a steering dampner.

The 450X has a better seat, handling that as far as I'm concerned is more confidence-inspiring, much more secure feeling at higher speeds,and outstanding vs. "okay" suspension. You can buy a nice speedo/enduro computer and do well there, because the Honda can be bought for a lot less than the KTM usually.

Good luck on your decision ! Doug