Sign in to follow this  

Getting ready for Berthoud H.S. October 23

Any word on changes to the track(s) for the VDR Hare Scramble series.

I see from the promos that races will begin at 11:00 a.m. instead of Noon, and there will be no parade lap... also that the south MX track will be open during the race...

Are there plans to take the south track out of the H.S. course?

Also, I drove by there yesterday (Saturday) and it looks like they have done major surgery to the track... Anybody out there ride the course lately who might post some details on the modifications?

Thanks,

south track is in the h/s, the so. track is about the same, a few minor differences, no parade lap and I'm no sure about the start time. Looking forward to racing close to home for a change

Got the start time and the "No Parade Lap" from the poster...

http://www.vdrmx.com/2005HS.html

Could be interesting if they allow the South MX track to be open for practice during the race!

I also noticed a $5.00 per rider price increase... But still a bargain for 6-7 miles of groomed and watered race space and the opportunity to race for 2+ hours. :banghead::banghead:🤣

I'm glad to see i wasnt the only one that about crashed on that table top. And that lip really sucks. The track isnt much different that i noticed other than what was mentioned already. That dumb single jump was retarded. I'm wondering with all this rain if the culvert will hold they put in there. I guess i'll find out thursday when i go out there.

Yea that lip just about got me as well. I was expecting it to be the same as last time. It sucks. I found it you stay to the right you can miss it for the most part, and it helps to get a good charge up that next hill. That single jump is really dumb. They should put a small triple in that spot or a short whoop section would be nice.

Shanedut

what were you riding on sat and when where you out there? Thursday should be really great with all this weather the track will be nice. I hope that I can make it out there.

I ride a yzf 426 with an old faded budlight sticker kit on it, I have a blue dodge pickup. I was parked out on the frontage road on saturday with my buddy. I usually go out there thur, sat, and sunday sometimes. Usually on saturday i dont get there till about 2 or later. If ya need someone to go riding with out there let me know my wife and i usually go out there on saturdays.

Shanedut

Thats sweet I'll defiantly take you up on that offer. I was out there from about 1:30-5:00 and I'm pretty sure that I saw you. Thanks for the offer and I'll be in touch.