Sign in to follow this  

tech question about rekluse

hi i've just install the rekluse auto-clutch.

My question is: is it normal that the actuator arm is free

when there is no spring attache to it?

when in stop position(bike running)the bike feel

like pulling and it VERY hard to put in neutral...or shift gear..

But when running it shift good.

Any advice would be apreciate

thank

crf450 2004

if your tanny oil is cold or has dirty oil it will be alittle grabby, make sure your clutch gap is correct usually if you rite in the middle of the gap ranges it works the best :banghead:

Sounds to me like you didn't gap the plates properly. Pop the cover off, check the gap again, and tell us what you get.

P.S. If you have your idle set too high, your clutch will engage constantly. Just another thought for ya.

Do you still have the clutch cable connected to the actuator arm and do you use the external perch adjuster ?

If you not use the external perch adjuster then you must use the standard external adjuster (the bolt and spring) and connect this on the actuator arm.

Like the others sayd if you have all the parts hooked up correctly you should re-check the gap. If you have a perch adjuster maybe adjust it out more so it engages at higher RPM.

How old is your clutch? I've found that if your friction disks are worn/old the bike will creep or be difficult to shift into neutral when engine in on regardless of proper adjustment. Maybe you need new friction disks?

I forgot to tell you to look at the clutch basket and inner hub, check and see if there grooved, from the clutch plates, if so replace them with a hinson part there the best IMO

I've got about 5 hours on mine and love it. Is your idle high? If not, you probably need to check your gap again as the other guys have said. Also, make sure the bike is warmed up good.

My question is: is it normal that the actuator arm is free

when there is no spring attache to it?

crf450 2004

The fact you are posting this question make me to think that you may have not installed the proper clutch throwout spacer (or other parts of it).

Check if you've re-mounted the OEM spacer (ball) instead of the one offered in the kit. Other option could be that you've missed to remount the throwout washer that usually sticks on the OEM pressure plate at dismount.

One or the other missing parts may lead to have the actuator arm with free play. Without the load of it the clutch may drag due to not enough counter spring pressure. The arm, with the engine shutoff, should move further over the bracket. You should feel the limit when it heat the pressure plate. If it moves further or have complete free play (counterclock rotate of 360 degrees) definitely you have missed some parts at install.

Switching on the engine the arm should tend to be moved faraway from the bracket. When idling try to pull the arm with your finger toward the bracket (in the direction the spring would pull). You should feel light resistance and dragging may disappear.

IF not all above described, than low oil level (and used) may be another reason or the other described before my post.