Sign in to follow this  

Any luck selling modded bike

Has anyone ever had any luck selling their modded 100's? Or more importantly, anyone on the east coast? I am debating on what to do with mine now that my dmc bike is finally almost complete. I need to clear the garage out a little and the xr just might be going. I don't think the general public understands how much is really in these things (time and money). So I was going to just part the thing out and try to make my money that way. I think Phil said that is what he did to buy his BBR bike. I know ebay is always there, but since it costs $$$ to ship, you have to take $3-400 off of what you really want for it.

actually no you dont. the buyer pays shipping. so as long as you dont undercharge for shipping, then you dont lose a dime. generally parting out a bike will get you MUCH more for the sum of it's parts than if you sold it complete. just be prepared for the fact that there is alot of extra work involved when you do this. and you may end up with some peices you just cant move.

What I meant about losing money in shipping is that the buyer takes into account that they will have to pay shipping so they don't pay as much to me, i.e. they would be willing to pay $2500, but they bid $2100 because they know they will pay $400 in shipping. So in essence, this costs me money. And I do the ebay thing a lot (power seller) but on this bike I don't know if the individual parts are worth as much as the whole thing. I may sell the rolling chassis (with works shock, kx 80 front end and BBR swing arm) then sell the plastics, exhaust, cradle, etc. I may do ok this way and I will probably just keep the motor for a spare.

I haven't even thought about a price to be honest. And as of last night it doesn't have a motor any longer as I had to use it for my DMC bike. I can't put it back in the XR frame as the motor mounts have been cut. I don't want to put my 115 motor in it to sell as I have WAY too much money it that motor. Email me motofan4life@yahoo.com and I can get some pictures to you and discuss a sale. Aren't you the one who bought the Dirt Rider bike? Do you still work at Transport? That is one of my accounts, I just haven't been to Lexington in a few weeks.

I would like to sell my BBR and I was thinking to part it out too since I'll never get back even close to what I have in it.

keep it i wish i had my 100 still

I will still have one. And Phil, if you sell your BBR bike, you could sell the rolling chassis pretty easy I think, and then sell the motor stuff.

i stuck my old 01 XR in Indiana Motorcycle trader, a free monthly magizine just for ORV's, trailers, and nautical vehicles

got 1550 for it i got it for 1675 originally locally

mods,

BBR springs, diamond plate tensioner sides made from spare material from my friends custom RC car chassis,elec. start 5spd lifian 125cc motor, reinforced teh swing arm my self with a few triangle welds, and gloss red painted plastics with black flames.

Only put 250 in it got the motor off ebay for 130 :banghead:

i missed it so much i bought a XR100 clone with the 125 viva engine already in there :banghead:

Did that Lifan 125CC bolt in or did you have to mod the engine mods?

bolted right on and the rev boxes(BBR in my case) give those lifans perfect powercurves

stock hp is 13.38 HP or 9.8 KW

a stock viva 125 has 15.28 HP

1.34 horse power is equal to 1 kilowatt

its hard to find a 125 anymore now that they came out with the 100cc verticals and the 125cc are hard to find new now but its not impossible

the lifan 100s only have 8

the 150s wont fit

but all the 125, 150 and 200 vivas fit into XR100s

John,

I still need a chassis for the spare motor I have.

If you still got it....give me a price shipped to NJ.

Thanks,

Rich