Sign in to follow this  

Going to WMA @ CycleRanch in TX?

Anybody planning on attending the WMA Cup at CycleRanch? My daughter would like to attend, but it's a long ways away. I was looking at the class listings, and I see A, B, C and D. Since we're in Utah, there isn't any racing that breaks down skill levels. How would I know which class is most appropriate for her? She's raced on and off (mostly off) for a couple of years, but has really gotten passionate about it lately, and I'd like to keep her going with it.

When she does race, she typically wins or crashes. And usually she'll come in 1st or 2nd in one moto, then crash in the second. I would think she'd run in the Women's Beginner class. She rides a YZ250F. Any suggestions? Does that sound like the right class to be in?

She should probably run the C class. It would be more competive. If you really feel she is a true beginner then she could run the D class.

Here in Oregon/Washington women have no difference in skill level. They can run any size bike also (above 105cc, although some race an 85cc). There are a lot of women that go to that race in Texas. It would be a stellar thing for her to run. I wish I could go race. It is too far and I don't have the equipment to go race in far away places.

Cycle Ranch is awesome! I was there last year and the facility and that Texas dirt were really great. I'm used to hard packed Colorado dirt. It is a long drive but well worth the trip. It is really cool to see all the women racers from everywhere. Instead of being the minority at the track, we're a force at that race.

If anyone is going from Indiana..or close to it.. driving through or anything.. I would like to maybe hook up and go.. . We can share gas $ etc..

Let me know!

I'm going to go out for the Team USA race that weekend and will be taking pictures during the rest of the event. If anyone wants any of them let me know your class, name and number and I will be sure to look for you. I will be there in an Olive colored Ford Excursion with a 23' Weekend Warrior trailer and my KTM's should have #627 on them. I'll be able to put the pictures on CD for you at the track or you can look at them once they are hosted online after I get back.

John