hot start cable messed up

In either unscrewing or trying to screw the hot start cable back into the carb, I stripped out the plastic (at least I think they are) threads. Didn't notice it until I tried and tried to get that sucker back in the carb and it just wouldn't connect. Finally looked at the cable end with the threads and saw that they were messed up.

I never had to use my hot start level before, but that was before grey wire, jd ket, re-jetting etc. that I have been doing this weekend.

If the cable is in place in the carb and made to stay there, will the fact that the threads are not doing the retention mess things up? In other words, do I need to buy a new cable (it looks like I can't just replace that bolt end) or will things be fine as long as I don't need to use the hot start lever?

I'm surprised it took that long for the thing to strip on you. Fear not gentle reader as the little nut made of clay is replaceable without shit-canning the whole cable. Go to Zip-Ty and get their Hot Start Carb Nut. It's worth the $15 as you'll never have problems again :banghead: ...SC

I'm surprised it took that long for the thing to strip on you. Fear not gentle reader as the little nut made of clay is replaceable without shit-canning the whole cable. Go to Zip-Ty and get their Hot Start Carb Nut. It's worth the $15 as you'll never have problems again :banghead: ...SC

Ditto the red Zip-Ty nut is easy to replace on the cable end and it will not strip like the plastic one. :banghead: