Sign in to follow this  

6th Speed KXF

I saw in Dirt Rider a KX250F with a sixth gear conversion on it made by Muzzys,

I went to their web site and I could not find it, so I e-mailed them and the said you have to get on a list to get it and it costs 600 dollars.

Has anyone tried this or do you think it is worth it?

id rather get the suspension revalved for 600 than have a 6th gear

It is more money than I have, but I ride alot of off road stuff and not as much motocross, so a higher top speed would be nice. I think I am going to try and get it, but I am not sure, and it wont be untill spring if I do.

Yeah, but it would also change the gearing, and I would like to gear my bike lower and get the 6 speed tranny. That way I would be able to ride in real tight and technical stuff but also have the 6 speed for wide open stuff.

Yeah, but it would also change the gearing, and I would like to gear my bike lower and get the 6 speed tranny. That way I would be able to ride in real tight and technical stuff but also have the 6 speed for wide open stuff.

:banghead: Agreed.

However for the same money you could get a good port job and then go with a larger front or smaller rear sproket. Big bore and gear the same way aswell.

Plus you wouldn't have to tear the entire engine apart.

joe

:However for the same money you could get a good port job and then go with a larger front or smaller rear sproket. Big bore and gear the same way aswell.

Plus you wouldn't have to tear the entire engine apart.

joe

That Is also A good Idea, what big bore kit would you recomend?

Wouldn't the 6th gear be like an overdrive gear, not making it go faster but to keep the RPMs down at top speeds?

The Muzzy 6 speed conversion keeps all 5 stock ratios and then it ads one more. But to be honest I do not knw much more about it, or how much of an effect it would have, so i am trying to find more info on it, Any sugetions are welcome.

That Is also A good Idea, what big bore kit would you recomend?

Sorry......can't help you there.........I'm still in the process of looking myself.'

Cheers

Joe